Jambands.ca

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!! (winter rant)

Sunshine

Sure snows a lot in Moncton. People look at me like I'm lying when I tell of storms where you had to leave the house through the window or snowmobiling downtown. Just say you had a snowmobile and you wanted to drive it down the middle of Main Street, could you do it today Sean? Betcha!

Could be worse.

Could be hitting Ottawa.

Seriously, hope your fridge is full of beer my friend.

I am SOOOO sick of winter. Looking out of my office window right now, I can't even see the parking lot which is about 50 m away.

Current conditions in Moncton include 100 km/hr winds, heavy snow, storm surge of nearly 2 m on the coast, and whiteout conditions everywhere.

Its a freakin state of emergency for krist sakes, and I work for a newspaper so we are the only building open in town.

The RCMP are not even responding to calls unless it is life threatening!

Oh, to be home again- back in green So On.

Pray for me on my drive home.

Sean

Sean I wish I could send you sunshine!! Just keep in mind spring really isn't that far away!!

Put a picture of a sunset on your desk at work, if you can find your bbq under the snow...fire it up for the smell of summer, put on your favorite show and dance around like you're at a festival.....then smile, smile, smile!!!

The Winter Blues SUCK!!! So here's to it almost being over and wishing you a safe drive home tonight! [smile]

Booche,

Bring it brother!

Keep in mind that only three short weeks into August is Evolve, which is only about 3 hours from Moncton.

Sunshine, just seeing the name brought my day up a notch. Now if I can only get those visions of New Years out of my head. The mushies wouldn't let me look at you for too long since you look an awful lot like an ex of my brothers that treated him really badly. See ya soon at the Shaker I hear?

S

Not only could I have driven down the center of any road in town yesterday with any type of vehicle.........

But I also witnessed the following:

-vehicles abandoned all over city streets (like right in the middle!)

-a car coming down the wrong side of the highway without even realizing it

-a 12 foot drift infront of my house (I would have been better served to climb out of the second storey window)

-two co-workers left the building at 2 yesterday, and we got called to help get them home at 8:30 and they were only about a half a km from the office

-a snow plow (and I mean the monstrous tractor type) destroy a car left at the road side that had been buried

-the neighbors giving up on shovelling the walk, and tunneling to the house

It was an insane day to say the least.........

Sean

waas supposed to fly home to ottawa today...from newfoundland.....despite sunny warm weather today the plane never made it in last night (120 km/hour winds, freezing rain, snow) so now i dont get to see my folks as they are leaving ottawa tomorrow. [Frown]

but westjet got me on the next available flight......monday!!! [Confused][Mad][Eek!]

Archived