Jambands.ca

Flipping the bird....

bouche

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. Huxtable:

How did all that go?

It was quite a blast.

Mickey's speech was nothing groundbreaking but it was still pretty cool to sit back and listen to one of the Grateful Dead wax about music for an hour and a half.

There was an open bar reception in the lobby and Mickey hung around to sign autographs and take pictures. That was a lot fun, like someone was throwing a swank keg party for the Ottawa deadheads. The food was killer.

And I too managed to annoy Mickey, with rapid-fire fanboy questions, until he blew me off.

oh yeah....I tested Mickey's knowledge of physics by questioning string theory and how the basis of existence revolves around the smallest particles being these strings that vibrate at set frequencies. In essence, everything exists because of music.

I asked him what he thought would happen to the populations' common view of music if such a theory was as widely believed as that of the atom.

He agreed that if there was no such thing as music, there would be nothing, and this is where he gave us a history of music that spanned 20,000 years or so. Yeesh.

I think Freeker's question at the signing table was way more provoking [Wink]

Archived