Jambands.ca

Dead Milk Man

kung

Thought some people would want to know this (Tungsten). Here's the link.

This morning Dave Blood is no longer with us.

David is my brother. Since the breakup of the band David has never really found his niche in life.

My brother was a smart clever and talented person. Inner peace has seemed to elude him for the last many years.

Sometime last night David chose to end his life.

He left a note that I don't know all of what it said,he was not elaborate-but he said he just could not stand to go on any longer.

Our mother passed away at the end of January and maybe David just had had enough.

There will be a memorial service in a few weeks. I will try to remember to come to this board and post it.It will be in the Delaware County area.

Please pray for the respose of my bother's soul; that he now has the peace that seemed to elude him most of his life.

I want to say that one of the shiniest parts of David's life was being a Dead Milkman and having that claim to fame.And the fans who appreciated the talent and time that went into making the band rise above the ordinary-thank you all for making my brother feel and know that he was indeed somebody.

Kathy

damn, I have tears in my eyes!

Ever since grade 7 the Dead Milkmen were such a big part of my "walkman" dayz and sarcastic outlook. Every album rocked ("eat Your Paisley" being my fav; never got into Soul Rotation though, and "Not Richard, But Dick" is highly underrated). It always fascinated me that hard core punkers slam danced like crazy to their tunes.

Always hoped they'd reunite again someday... [Frown]

I'm almost tempted to go home and smoke some banana peels...melll-oowwww...we're so...melll-owww....

The Dead Milkmen get my vote for funnest "cheezy" guitar solo for the one in "Punk Rock Girl", which sounds exactly like it was made by a too-much-heart / not-enough-skill guitarist.

And the album titles..."Eat Your Paisley!"..."Big Lizard In My Back Yard"...and "Metaphysical Graffiti" (with the song, "Anderson, Walkman, Buttholes and How!").

It's a shame he wasn't able to find his way.

Aloha,

Brad

Saddened to hear the news that he died, then how.

...And when my friend and I were

done we went to rest upon the

sun 'cause life takes from us

the things, we love and robs us

of the special ones and puts

them where where we can't climb

and we only miss them all the time

And we sing:

Life is shit, life is shit

The world is shit, the world is shit

and this is life as I know it.

this is life as I know it.