Jambands.ca

HAMILTON fu(king ROCKS

secondtube

I was in a great mood all day Saturday, I could just feel the love vibe from Friday night. I know for a fact Julie was just blown away by everyone's kindness and charity and I've never been prouder to be part of such a caring, giving community. Apprently we raised almost $3000!

Mr Something-Something definitely stole the show! What a band! Ah, the lost art of the "front person" (lead singer, whatever), 'twas great to witness! And let's have some love for Rory and GDSS, kept us dancing *hard* until well afetr 2am with some choice GD. How great is it to dance to the music of GD with other Deadheads (and no, I don't include cover bands)? Killer.... makes me feel good, real good! [big Grin]

And let's just say it again - Pepper Jack's (and therefore, Ken) rocks!

A great night, won't soon be forgotten!

On behalf of Shady Grove(Julie) and The Pepper Jack Cafe, I'd like to thank everyone who came out and supported our fundraiser. Thank you.

None of us had any clue that it would be such a success. We knew there would be a good crowd, but we didn't expect it to be THAT big.

Julie was quite overwhelmed with the number of people and the money we raised.

Special thanks to the Bands: Acousticats, Mr Something Something, Six Foot Groove, Gratefully Deadicated Sound System(Rory). What a great night of music as well. Lisa and Jay for their Leafs/ Jays Tix.and all around raffle help. Kick it Down Promotions for the Bela Tix. The Garden Centre for their gift Certificate, Deja Vu for their gift cert. paisley for his help on the skank and his getting drunk for Julie campaign. Alison and Bolton. Julie's glass pipe supplier(not sure his name) for the pipes.

Again, thank you everyone that came out.

Group hug.

quote:

Originally posted by MarcO's Revenge:

Mr Something-Something definitely stole the show! What a band! Ah, the lost art of the "front person" (lead singer, whatever), 'twas great to witness!

Wow! It's a super special night! MarcO and I agree on the music! Awesome! [big Grin][big Grin][big Grin]

(Just ribbing ya MarcO; we seem to have differing standpoints on music much of the time.)

quote:

Originally posted by secondtube:

quote:

[ 03-15-2004, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: bouche ]

Nice! I posted this originally just after 1, with a good buzz on still....

I also didn't think it would stay at the top this long...

Clever edit.

Your original post was also on the 13th.

quote:

Originally posted by hamilton:

Originally posted by arcane:

I really like rocks, but I wouldn't do *that* to them.

I would like to state, for the record, that I have never had "sexual relations" with that rock. Or any rock.

looks like I'll have to dig up a few more sordid shots of Hamilton's boundless "alternative lifestyles" [Wink]

that was a really fun night. i'm glad that the show made lottsa $$. thx for having us.

and yes. Mr Something something SO owned us friday night. our ass was kicked before we even got on stage. definately not an act i want to follow again anytime soon. man! i'm surprise no one has mentioned the drumming yet. just.. so good but so tastefull. the total package was top shelf.

go see the Somethings!!

"HAMILTON fucking ROCKS"

That is not an understatement! I have fun every time I'm there... and this time i was not disappointed!

Thanks Paisley for those great pictures (and the laughs when i found out what you named them)... i'll be putting those on my site later this afternoon!

Can't wait to come back and party again soon...

Ah Hamilton.

I remember that late day in March so many years ago...I was pretty determined to see this band that I had heard so much about. Apparently it was such a thing.

I never expected it to affect me so much.

The streets were alive with crazy clowns and woodstock lost children. Even the bathroom in Harvey's had some guy playing guitar in it.

Spent most of the show in the hallways of the Coliseum, spinning in circles to an endless and nameless jam that I only learned to call Scarlet>Fire in retrospect.

Mr. Fantasy brought down the house and the bus came by and I got on...

The Horse came around later that year. And I still can remember ol' Neil singing out that only love could break it down.

ah Hamilton. Where are you now?

Archived