Jambands.ca

Ontarians to NYE with nero and Grand Theft Bus??? Lets talk!

Northern Wish

Hey I just read a string below about a possible bus trip out to Fredericton for NYE. My girlfriend and I have been talking about that with a couple of friends, and a bus trip would be a great way to do it.

Unfortunately I was partially involved in planning for a group heading to Big Cypress and I want to stay away from those headaches......

If someone out there is planning on putting a bus/ hotel package together or something of the like I can certainly see that being a success. I have 5-6 friends who have expressed interest but the drive in that weather would probably vote it down.

How many out there are going? And more importantly, what is the capacity of the bar?

I will be making it out there with 70% certainty, but a bus would push me over the top. I am sure that there are others who feel the same way.

What do you guys think?

Sean

Rabidmonkey, did some research about a charter. It looks like it would be about $40.00 a person to get a greyhound based on a 45 person occupancy.

So Far it looks like we've got 15 people interested.

Anybody who is interested should post here, so we can find out if there is enough interest to proceed.

The club can only print 350 advance tickets, however last year there was 900 people there. We'll be able to get advance tickets for everyone that is making the trip.

P

Yeah, I think it was even less than that.. like 38.00!! If we can get 40 people then we can figure out getting a hotel package too.. Maybe even go down the day of the 30th, have 2 days to party then come home on new years day..

It's gonna be fun for sure, and to have an Ontario contingency would make it even better!! grin.gif" border="0

I've got about 5 people that want to go.

it's not definite, but there's been some interest. At least 3 from London.

Could coax a few from k-ville to go too.

30th to 2nd would be the best trip

group rates at a hotel are a definite must.

If anyone wants to help out their businessman friends, i'm sure there are other transactions we could get group rates for too.

'hey jerry, we've got 45 sober hippies on a bus out east...half pound?' - the same speech would be said to bootleggers and don't forget about restaurants too...i ordered a pizza, asked them to feed a small group most efficiently and got pizzas for cheap.

This trip is going to be really great.

we've gotta try to top CT fest.

everyone should say that. people would be having too much fun.

So i called the prospect inn in fredericton after emailing the dudes from GTB for the best place to stay...$... and a group can get a double room for 58 dollars a night...i'm sure we can finde better...or see if jamband fans will billet canadians for a couple of days...

would that work out?>? stay at the places of other people that may trust us?>?

This is a tremendous idea!!

I think it will work. The sooner we get specific about details.. the sooner we can promote it and fill the bus.

It would be nice to be able to say for $50-$60 inluding bus, hotel and tickets.. who is interested. Is that a realistic price range? We should talk it up at the Bayou this Thursday.... get names and hone numbers.

I have visions of an amazing newyears

Northern Wish, could it be time to reunite some of the crew. A New Years Adventure again? It may have been a nightmare to plan but never forget who piloted the Starship Harpua that cold December night.

Wow, this really looks like it's starting to come together. My interest is being peaked by the moment.

Gentle monkey, maybe I should be talking to everyone's favorite comic shop owner as well?

HEAVY consideration.....

Northern Wish and Scottie: You know I've been looking for an excuse to get the crew assembled; that said, this excursion looks pretty interesting at the moment. Should be pretty cheap as well, so I'll say that I'm in as well. I'll try to round up a few like-minded people.

NYE in NB? brrrr.... but why not? smile.gif" border="0

Yeah, i got the quote over the phone so I'm trying to get a price for either a 2-day or 3-day trip faxed to me. I've left a message with someone so I hope to have the numbers by tonight. I'll keep everyone updated.

Who wants to do a 30th - 2nd or a 30th - 1st or a 31st - 2nd or a 31st - 1st trip? Lets try to get an idea of not only who wants to go but also when.

Alright, so I spent some serious time on the phone today and I finally got some 'real' answers. Everything below is relating to a December 30th - January 2nd road trip to Fredericton (from Ottawa) for NYE.

The $40 Greyhound bus deal I was quoted yesterday was for one way and it didn't include taxes or hotels. Not too shit hot. The best deal is with Thom Ltd. They have 'activity' buses that have bathrooms but no TVs and not-as-coffy seats, but alas they were all booked up (they were real cheap). The big-ass coaches with all the amenities are available for $3000 + GST and hotels for the driver. The bus holds 50 people so, if we can fill it, the total cost will be around $70 per person.

I'm sure with 50 people heading down we can score a killer group hotel rate and we're working on advance tickets for all bus goers. I hope everyone can make it out as I'd love have a hard NYE with all of you.

Lemme know what ya'll think.

Advance tickets are 12.00 // We're doing some bus research right now, and within a week, we'll have something organized and we'll offer it.. we need an number of people though pretty quickly. So when we get our prices, we'll need everyone to get on it. We'v egot a few emails at neroboy for people interested, but we'll need more to make it happen.

contact neroboy@hotmail.com . Peace-a blush.gif" border="0