Jambands.ca

Question of the day - Monday!

Hux

So....the weather seems to be finally making a little turn for the better (knock on wood) so what are the top 3 nice-weather activities you are most looking forward to??

...mine...

1. Going to an Ottawa Lynx baseball game

2. Using my bike as primary means of transportation

3. BBQ!!!!

~being on the porch all day, everyday

~hanging laundry on the clothesline....mmmmm that smell!!!

~the squeaking and slamming of the screen door

~tennis

~the smell of lavender and the feel of dirt under my fingernails

~and long walks with gala along the lake without freezing

So many people have said BBQing, but I'm gonna say it anyway. In fact, I've got a particular thing I've been thinking about BBQing all winter... Beer Can Chicken!

Basically, the short description is you get a small chicken (one of those 5-6 dollar jobs) and a nice beer (something with a lot of flavor in a long thin can like a Newcastle or something,) poor out about a third of the beer into a bowl, soke the chicken in that and spice to taste. Then, basically you're putting that can right up into the poor little chicken, and sitting that bad boy on the barbie for 45-50 minutes until it's cooked through. Hmmmmm-MMMM, that's good eating my friends!

Peace,

Mr. M.

1. HIT THE BEACH. The cottage calls, the Lake Huron shoreline beckons and I needs the sunset to soothe my soul.

2. Runt Club patio (or any of your choice) for some suds and Sangrias

3. Hitting the road with you fine folks soon as I gets to feeling 75% or so to see the finest music in the world.

Dig it!

quote:

1. HIT THE BEACH. The cottage calls, the Lake Huron shoreline beckons and I needs the sunset to soothe my soul.

Singing sands,Cypruss Lake,The Grotto.....man...best sunsets ever...good call dude.I know some of this is on Georgian Bay,but Tobermory kicks ass...

im going to group similair things here together

1) camping, hiking and kayaking at all the wicked provincial parks we have here in Ontario, especially my favourites Arrowhead and Killbear. If you like to kayak, but your not in to the extreme stuff theres an incredible river at arrowhead you have to check out.

2) Walking downtown and bumping into what seems to be every single person I know on a nice summer afternoon. We have this park near downtown peterborough and when i go there in the summer theres always people I know there and they always are ready to spark a bowl with me and play some hackey sack.

3) Being able to go outside at shows again, and play outdoor shows again. There's a no-smoking bylaw here in Peterborough so I have to step outside in the cold whenever I want to have a smoke, which isnt always great. My band plays shows at outdoor parties all the time and I cant wait to do it again, and this sumemr we may be playing at the local folk festival, which is always a great time and a beautiful day.

All this + no school + lots of money from working more + girls not covered in 30 layers of clothing = good times.

Archived