Jambands.ca

Slip Montreal

kung

good band.

not great, but good.

I wouldn't go so far to say what you guys are about the Slip. They are decent, but there are much better bands in the Northeast right now. They just haven't tested Canada like the Slip. Here are a few I feel are better, IMO then the Slip, not to say the Slip aren't decent:

www.raqmusic.com - RAQ

www.unclesammy.com- UNCLE SAMMY

www.psychedelicbreakfast.com -PSYCHEDELIC BREAKFAST

www.simredmondband.com -SIM REDMOND BAND

enjoy:

"They are decent, but there are much better bands in the Northeast right now. "

I'm sorry, but could you please clarify how these other bands are "better"? I am not trying to suggest that you are wrong, or that The Slip is better, but I am curious about specific factors that you think might make a band "better". I have seen The Slip and, having attempted to be a musician myself, my opinion of The Slip is that they are three people who have very obviously dedicated their lives to their instruments and their collective music.

I think the only reason I am writing this is because the previous post might actually dissuade people from going to see a band that has profoundly moved people, myself included. I am definitely not saying that everybody will like this band as much as I did; I am just clarifying and reiterating that "better" means personal preference and should be not be thrown around lightly. Sorry for my little piece here, but its late night and I've been going about this subject for weeks now...by the same token, by what I just said, somebody might be let down by the expectations my opinion would suggest and be disappointed. So I'm not saying that you're wrong; I am just pointing out my personal dislike of "better" or "worse" in regard to music. Thanks for putting up with me...

hey Kung, got your discs yesterday. thanks. I'll get some out tonight. I doubt they'll make any paper deadlines, but I can definately get them elsewhere.

On the "Slip is better" topic. I think these guys are so much more enjoyable to listen to than most of the stereotypical "jambands". They really have a sound that is their own, and a certain maturity to their style that a lot bands of their current level lack. I was listening to them last night and realized again how much I enjoy their stuff.

I've tried to bite my tongue but those bands Shain mentioned aren't even on the same page as The Slip. I could go into some detail why but won't, the piece on Jamhub says a fair deal. Anyways it's completely apples and oranges. None of those bands would ever get signed by a label like Ryko, get invited to play a bash at Trey's house etc. The reason they get this exposure is that they're 'musician's musicians' as the Punk pointed out. As David Hume said 'truth is debatable not taste' so not much more can be said. I just could not disagree more vehemontly. And why stop their, why not add Jiggle The Handle and Max Creek to your list. Or every other putzy little jamband from the Northeast.

Firstly, please GO SEE the Slip. It's not always a great American band makes a concious effort to tour Canada.

I guess 'better' was the wrong word but those bands listed in my post deserve to be listened to just as much as the Slip. All the bands are dedicated to their instruments and music and all go out every night and kick ass for cheap.

Just go download some RAQ, US, PB and SRB and give them a listen too.