Jambands.ca

Well, They Doggone Did It!

guigsy

okay, some may consider this an 'over share' and those easily grossed out are advised to stop reading NOW.......

I seriously have a 4 year old placenta in my freezer. And it occurs to me, that as we're moving at the end of the month, I can ignore this fact no longer!

the background: Leona Mae was a home birth, and in some weird by-law oversight, midwives are not licensed to carry "bio-medical waste" which is what a placenta is, I guess. She also assumed we might want to "do" something with it, so instructed Dave to get a tupperware container of some sort for it. He found one, with the lid indelibly marked "spagetti sauce" and that's what it was put in. the freezer was (supposed to be) a stop-gap solution until we figured out what the hell to do with it. (burying wasn't an option -- not enough green space where we are). But the stupidly hilarious thing is how friggen often the "spagetti sauce" lid fooled us!!!

"oh, there's spagetti sauce in here, you want that for dinner, hon?"

...gross, but dave allen's story about forgetting the frozen placenta in the freezer when he moved and having to send his dad to get it still gets me.

throw it in a cooler with a block of ice & bury it at your new home...would be a very symbolic (but somewhat slightly gross) way of claiming your new place as your own.

okay, some may consider this an 'over share' and those easily grossed out are advised to stop reading NOW.......

I seriously have a 4 year old placenta in my freezer. And it occurs to me, that as we're moving at the end of the month, I can ignore this fact no longer!

the background: Leona Mae was a home birth, and in some weird by-law oversight, midwives are not licensed to carry "bio-medical waste" which is what a placenta is, I guess. She also assumed we might want to "do" something with it, so instructed Dave to get a tupperware container of some sort for it. He found one, with the lid indelibly marked "spagetti sauce" and that's what it was put in. the freezer was (supposed to be) a stop-gap solution until we figured out what the hell to do with it. (burying wasn't an option -- not enough green space where we are). But the stupidly hilarious thing is how friggen often the "spagetti sauce" lid fooled us!!!

"oh, there's spagetti sauce in here, you want that for dinner, hon?"

Please, please, please, please, please let me do creepy things to your placenta.

I can't tell you exactly which laws, but I am certain it's contrary to several, if not many.

(The scariest thing about this whole discussion, is that we all know that some sicko really would bid on it; probably only being concerned that it's the real deal; so that he's not ripped off.)