Jambands.ca

NHL Draft - The Divisions Have Been Drawn / Draft Order Has Been Set

badams

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

You'll soon find out that I am mostly talk.

In reality Booche scares me, because he seems like the type that could snap at any minute and bust into a Bobby Weir solo.

I just read on hockeytraderumors.com that Ilya Kovalchuk has just signed with a russian team without an out clause. I would assume that we would treat this as an injury and the hubbers that picked him would be able to trade him right away?

The same is to be said for Pavel Datsuk but i'm assuming nobody picked him yet.

Guest Low Roller

If this ridiculous rumour will turn out to be true then Booche could trade Kovalchuk for another player, but only once the draft is complete.

I also saw the question asked somewhere about trades between players. I don't see why not. Badams is the Commish of the draft, so he can make the final call.

I think that trades between teams should only happen immediately following the draft, at which point the line-ups are finalized other than the disposing of injured players (up to 3).

I see no problem with trades immediatly following the draft and before the season starts.

Lets limit them to 3 players total

Must be done before Oct 1

Must be of equal value. Meaning if you trade a F and D you must get back a F and D to keep your team at 6 F, 3 D and 1 G

Only thing I'm iffy on is if we should keep the trading within the Divisions or League wide. Let me know your thouhgts and we will make it official after the draft is done.

Guest Low Roller

Trading within divisions will keep the integrity of no repeat players within the division, HOWEVER league trading adds an interesting dynamic to the divisional race... I don't even know what's better.

Why would you start trading, obviously the person wanting to trade someone with you knows something you don't. You guys go ahead and trade, don't ask me though.

I have no desire to trade,just if there is going be trades,keeping within our own divison keeps it simple.Theres also the possibility that someone picked a player who may end up not playing in the NHL this year (re:Kovalchuk,Datsuk).Myself,I tried to keep it to active players who have signed already to avoid such conflicts.

[edit to add]

Looks like the Norris division has pretty much finished our draft.Only one person left to pick in round 10.

Edited by Guest

might be a dumb question, but consider this hypothetical and go easy on me if it's dumb

Say I want to trade player A on January 1. Do all the points earned by this player go to the trade-ee or do i keep the points earned up until the trade date?

AD

Say I want to trade player A on January 1. Do all the points earned by this player go to the trade-ee or do i keep the points earned up until the trade date?

AD

I wondered that also,heres what badams mentioned on the first page (half way down).

"You only receive the points of the player you picked up while he is on your team. Not the points he accumulated before hand".