Jambands.ca

break out yer FRONTIER TOWN REPORTS

teetervillestation

Hey! I was only up for Friday so my head may be clearer than most. A short but sweet evening musically speaking, definitely well-worth the money and the drive.

First up was Roberto Martinez Pereira. Fairly standard modern styled latin-jazz, but executed with great style and skill. The nicest moments of the set were Roberto talking to the crowd in slightly broken English, so obviously sincerely touched at the audience response to his set. I'm actually just listening to his CD which is quite excellent for an indie jazz album.

Next was Erin Smith Band. Erin is one of my heroes so I'm probably totally biased but I thought this was a great set. It was the first time I'd seen them with sax player John, and also her friends Janine on vocals and Ben on percussion sat in, swelling the one-time trio to a 6-piece, and later a 7-piece when Jonas from DD joined in. Erin's stuff is unbelievably funky and perfect for dancing at Frontier Town.

Then on to the Saloon and Diesel Dog. The first set was shaking, unfortunately I was in and out a bit 'cus of allergy issues with the smoke, but I heard everything and it was great. For any who doubted, DD are perfectly suited to the Saloon. I was my privilage to sit in on harmonica for most of the second set, along with John from Erin's band on sax and later percussion-guy Jay, leading to a great wall of funky-sounds! I can only hope that it was half as fun off-stage as it was on. Highlights included Mark Wilson singing "I'm A Ram" and calling out to each band member to play a fill which he would first sing, and a great "Shakedown Street" with Ike yelling the changes to me! More fun than humans should be allowed to have.

Anyway I'm anxious to hear how the rest of the weekend went, and I'm already looking forward to August!

Peace,

Mr. M.

dude that was you playin that harmonica with the dawg, that was deadly. It was definetly a privlage to sit in with the them. I had a great time [Razz]

The rest of the weekend is a little hazy right now.....just got back, so hopefully it starts coming back.

Anyways time to get ready for harper and jack tonight [big Grin]

ahhhh so that was you playing harp with deisel on friday, good work man that sounded sweet.

my weekend up there was good, we got there thursday and were the first people up there, im still wondering if thats a good or bad thing at the ghost town, sometimes when youve been up there for a few days going strong things get silly.

like me waking up in my bloody sleeping bad with a chunk outta my foot, my advice,, no barefeet after dark.

bands were sweet, the saxman from cuba on friday reallly impressed me. even last night mark wilsons set in the saloon started about 3am or so, rolled on till it was bright, i love it up there, as long as you wear shoes lol.

see ya at ben harper ill be the wounded dude limpin around [Wink]

Hah, well I'm glad the harp playing sounded good to you guys, 'cus after sluggin' back a few cans of 7% Holsten "Festbock" (seemed like the right beer to drink for the Fest!) and a couple of passes of an unnamed sax player's "interesting lamp", I really didn't much know exactly what the hell I was playing up there! [Razz][Wink]

Ike to me during Shakedown: "okay, it's back to Dm... now it's C, C!!!" [Razz]

jay sanislo, ah-HA, so now I know which Jay I was jammin' with! [Wink] A pleasure to meet you brother, hopefully I'll seeya again, us Jays gotta stick together. [big Grin]

Well, hopefully some of you dudes can come see an Uncle Seth show sometime and hear me play some songs I actually know!

Peace,

Mr. M.

a.k.a. Jay the harmonica guy

Good lord, you geeks even made it on before me.....to tired to talk so i'll fill yas in later. I'll stick to Meg's theme and give ya my BOTTOM 5 moments of Frontier this weekend:

1. Falling on my face in front of Jazzy.

2. Falling on my face in front of Jazzy....and getting kicked by backbacon.

3. The Little dancing gnome...Get up, get up, get uuuuuup.

4. Paisley falling in the fire (Classic)

5. Next day olive breath (note: you must first eat 30 Gigantic olives for this to occur)

Now the TOP 5:

1. Why don't you go change your avatar!

2. Falling on my face in front of Jazzy..too funny not to laugh.

3. Kenny's high fives

4. Meeting so many skanks

5. IF I ONLY HAD A NICKEL.....

5.01 Megrocker's monkey.

classic moments all! ^_^

remember when paisley fell into the fire and backbacon ran up out of nowhere and started kicking his flailing, flaming body while off in the distance a garden gnome yelled at the campground to get up and then ken breezed in and gave everyone a high five?

thanks for all the fish guys - you made my weekend ^_^

-

-

-

-

-

-

Those are just from Friday....I got some amazing pics... they're all up on my site, and can be found

here

My Top Five List:

5. Being able to move, breathe, and (almost) dance in the saloon at night.

4. Standing under the sea of ashes drifting under the starlit Sunday night...

3. Double Fisting my Jager and Tequilla when it hit midnight, my birthday, and not puking (at that point)

2. Sharing Jello Shooters w/ Roberto (he never tried jello before, i think he liked it)

1. Camping and sharing my 23rd B-day with 14 of my closest friends...

Wow! That was a fantastic weekend. Every time I think that life couldn't possibly get any better or that I couldn't possibly meet any more amazing people, it happens.

Top moments:

[big Grin] Schwa wiping out, getting up, joking about it, falling down a second time, and then backbacon coming out of nowhere and kicking him while he was down.

[Eek!] Huddling under the tarp to avoid the thunderstorms and yelling back at the thunder.

[Eek!] The first moment we bounced that 1,000,000 lumens flashlight off the disco ball and people came all the way from the stage to tell us they could see it.

[Mad] Paisley telling us how much he hates the Grateful Dead, trees, the whole lot of us, and tie-dye shirts.

[Cool] Picking flowers and dancing with the "beer" goggles on.

[big Grin] Listening to top-notch Cuban jazz at Frontier!

[Confused] Getting half of the people in the Saloon drunk with our lemonade/tequilla mix. As Shane said, "It's like a Long Island Iced Tea without the "long."

"I've got thirty bucks; come back to my tent"

"Take his hat and trip him."

"Why don't you just go and change your avatar or something?!"

"Hey, what's that buzzing?" "Oh that's just me."

"His first name is really stupid?"

"Hey, I love your log."

"If I had a nickel..."

NOTE: The one thing we're sure of now is you don't want to fall in front of any of us because you'll get kicked.

Oh, I forgot:

[big Grin] Mark Wilson playing Paul Simon. That was probably the musical highlight of the whole weekend for me. AWESOME!

[smile] Looking through Studog's portfolio shots. Wow. [Eek!]

[Mad] The garden gnome trying to wake up studog (thanks to Shane) and studog not even remembering it (or killing the garden gnome).

[big Grin] Ken absolutely glowing as he ran around collecting "good vibes" from everyone at the campfire with hopes of winning the bong.

[Wink] Ian's kick-ass retro tent that he had no idea how to setup. (But damn was it cool once we figured it out)

Brian blasting "One Step Beyond" from his truck and melting my mind.

Port-a-potties that not only always seemed to have toilet paper in them, but actually had soap and paper towels as well!

[Wink] Skinny dipping at the river as a couple of locals in a pickup truck watched us from the bridge. ("I like your log!" "If I had a nickel...")

Sugarmegs dancing: Damn was that funny.

Time to eat dinner!

Love and peace!

Wicked awesome time Willy. The disco ball was kickass. I can't believe i left the "someone take his hat and trip him" off of the top five. [Roll Eyes]

I am still giggling. MAKE IT STOP!!

.....and yes, i changed my avatar. You can't ignore a statement like that.

mmmm, great weekend,, i can;t even think of my top five monents, i'd have to say i was really into the good food up there, seeing most or you guys, and partying all niter every nite, the saloon was rocking on saturday nite, mark blew me away on sunday

top five crappyest moments

[Frown] my van breaking down as i pulled in to frontier town

[Mad] security bikers stealing pour beer bottles and whipping water baloons at us

not seeing lots of people

[Frown] super cold showers

loosing hammer game

top five

fixing van [smile]

partying hard [Cool]

yuummy shrooms [Razz]

mark in the saloon [smile]

swimming in the water fall [Razz]

Schwa, I think it was more like:

getupgetupgetupppitstimetogetupkickmyassandwe'llthrowinabungiejump fivebucks! getupgetupgetupppp, weneedzambukaandcigarrettes fivebucks

the best thing was that someone brought us a whole bottle of black zambuka and a girl showed up with a whole deck of smokes

ahhh, frontier [smile]

if I ever find out who pushed me in the fire... [Mad] pisses me off...

[big Grin]

cheers all... another month's full of fun crammed into a weekend... the saloon rocked all the while... lots of fun between secondtube and Willy's camps (learned to watch out for backbacon, hides behind things waitin for you to go down then he pounces)

happy Canada day!! look out the window, its right there!

I always have fun, but these moments made my weekend even better:

Squirting Pickle Scented water on unsuspecting saloon folks... hahahaa

Squirting Pickle Scented water on Hunsberger, and taking a beer in the nuts for it... from about 20 feet. ouch.

Squirting Pickle cented water on Rick... hahahahaa

Mullet wigs, Elvis wigs, Funny Eye glasses, lobster claw harmonicas...

Everything else, and chugging a mickey of Jagermeister on monday afternoon,

cuz Ian didnt want to take it home.

The Weekend of the Sax Player !!! Jonas and Ricky Martin kicked ass... jamming with almost everyone. and the hair band... never seen that much un-dreaded long hair at frontier town.

I kept telling you guys, it was Karma that threw Paisley into the fire. Everything that he hated got together and pushed him in....all the while about 6-8 of us sat there and just watched. Makes me mad that he didn't get kicked when HE was down.

BTW i am patenting the rights on the band name "Kicking Paisley" this afternoon. [Wink]

~~aromatherapy, i thought that hat looked an awful lot like the one that i wore for the first couple of days. It was the reason for the 2nd of those fateful falls.

Archived