Jambands.ca

°∞oO Lose Yer Shoes - August 11 - 13 Oo∞°

\/\/illy

Well alrighty then! Thanks for the kind words and the confirmation. I had heard the rumour but its great to find the facts right here @ jambands.ca...here's to rounding the last corner into summer '06

Oh, please don't misunderstand me; I cannot confirm anything. All I heard is that LYS was trying to book Harvard Mouse for the festival.

I just said: :D :D :D :D :D :D!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, please don't misunderstand me; I cannot confirm anything. All I heard is that LYS was trying to book Harvard Mouse for the festival.

It looks like what you heard is correct my friend ... Harvard Mouse will be playing at Lose Yer Shoes this year. I'm very much looking forward to making it to my first LYS, and the thought of playing at the festival brings an even bigger smile to my face. :) :)

Peace, Mark

edger not sure if you have gone to lys before...but when I was there last yr that was happening not only around one fire but several...we were touring around late night and it seemed like every diff band was doin that exact thing at their campsite...it was mind blowing ... so intimate and "paradise" like !!!

Unfortunately missed last year, however I did attend the year before (at a different venue I'm pretty sure) Anyhow the aftershow vibe was great, and I'm sure it will be again. So many good people to party with. Looking forward to another warm fire... I could just sit there forever...

we were touring around late night and it seemed like every diff band was doin that exact thing at their campsite

:D - I remember people stumbling out of the pitch black like they'd just found civilisation again after being lost for weeks in the wilderness, settle in for some jams and toots, and then stumble off into the wild again... God I love summer!

• 2 weeks later...

This just in:

The sensational, ever progressive, What The Thunder Said have now been added to the line-up!! Promoting the release of new album, Turn (due to be released June 1st), this is certain to be a crowd-pleasing addition to an already stellar line-up!

Be sure to book this weekend off and start saving your pennies because this is shaping up to be one of the hottest Canadian festivals of the summer!

it's actually starting to look like a festival I might dis-invite my children to!

***this statement is only a reflection of imagined parental behaviour and in no way meant as a slight against the site or the booked acts. In fact it's more a compliment to the bands!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

I forgot to mention one other rumour that I heard. Apparently Tessa Lee is going to be making an appearance at this year's festival.

tessa3.jpgtessa7.jpgtessa5.jpgtessa4.jpg

Think folky in the storytelling sense, think bluesy in the emotional sense, think gutsy in the political sense and you've got a rough sketch of the independent Australian singer/songwriter, Tessa Lee. Then of course there's the various pop, reggae, rock and funk influences which will help complete the soundwave. If genres aren't your thing however, take Duke Ellington's word for it that, "There are only two types of music: good and bad." Then take our word for it that this is damn good music.

Hailing from the south-west Victorian coastal town of Barwon Heads, Tessa began writing songs as soon as she first picked up a guitar. With music flowing through her veins, she up and moved across the continent to study jazz at the prestigious Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts, graduating in 2004 with a Bachelor of Music (Jazz/Flute).

With no time to spare, she set about recording and co-producing her first original, independent release in the winter of 2005. "Warm Orange Glow" was launched in November 2005 to critical acclaim: Lee's song "Out of The Night," (a folk ballad, set in Fremantle, WA) earnt her a nomination at The 2005 Western Australian Music Industry's annual Song Of The Year award for Best World/Folk Song.

Since then Lee has toured Victoria and appeared at The Folk, Rhythm and Life Festival in Wangaratta. Previously shows during 2005 include supporting Kate Ceberano, Jules (The Panics), and appearing at the Denmark Festival of Voice.

I've been asked to enquire whether anyone would be interested in a 'Magic Bus' charter that would start in Hamilton, pass through Toronto, and drop you off at the festival. At the end of the weekend the reverse trip would be in store.

Anyone?

well, ive been known to ride on regular buses, from time to time, but you cant go wrong with a bit of Magic.

Originally, the consideration was to charter the 'Magic Bus' from Toronto. Have you ever seen that one driving around? It would be more expensive than a normal charter and would need to be 'sold out'. So far it only sounds like two people interested. :(

MitJuleundRobertvormMagicBusklein.JPG

well' date=' ive been known to ride on regular buses, from time to time, but you cant go wrong with a bit of Magic.[/quote']

Originally, the consideration was to charter the 'Magic Bus' from Toronto. Have you ever seen that one driving around? It would be more expensive than a normal charter and would need to be 'sold out'. So far it only sounds like two people interested. :(

MitJuleundRobertvormMagicBusklein.JPG

It's early yet....I'm into it because we have shady vehicles getting our gear around these days...and I like drinking on buses.

It might still happen.

Deeps

News:

Tessa Lee has now been confirmed and will be playing on the Saturday afternoon. If you're interested in learning more about Tessa and perhaps listen to some of her music, you can check out her MySpace web-site or view and listen to her Sonicbids Electronic Press Kit (EPKâ„¢).

I did some listening this afternoon and her beatiful voice and folk-style acoustic guitar put my work-stressed mind at ease and made me dream of laying in the warm grass as listening to her play some sunny Saturday afternoon in August. :D

Artist Adition:

Yellow Butterfly have been confirmed for this year's festival.

femergy_2002__good_side_shot.jpg

Yellow Butterfly (Darlene LeGault) is a passionate and honest singer/songwriter who draws upon the richness of her culture (Ojibwe/Cree First Nation) both artistically, as is evident in her unique sound and powerful message, as well as in her personal journey, in which she embraces traditional Native spirituality.

Born into a musical houshold, her intitiation into the family band began at 14 and her musical roots were steeped in traditional country/bluegrass and its precision harmonies. Later influences include Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Buffy Ste. Marie, and Jerry Garcia.

Darlene is a self-taught guitarist and also has several years of formal musical training including the nationally reknowned Jazz Music Program at Humber College in Toronto. Her performing career includes both playing as a solo artist in various coffeehouses and folk festivals, as well as fronting several bands ranging in style from country/bluegrass and folk to psychedelic rock.

Songwriting, for Darlene, has always been an essential outlet for her emotionally driven artistic nature, and as a result, her songs have a genuine ability to touch people on a deeper human level. They are personal, yet accessible, and her openness and subtlety leave us with a heartfelt and lasting impression.

Yellow Butterfly is Darlene's current band, joining forces with Tom Kremer, Kim Cuzzilla, Lang Baker, and Adam Scott, creating a home for some seriously heart-rendering harmonies. Yellow Butterfly has just completed the production of their first CD demo for which Darlene has successfully gained the recognition and funding through a FACTOR grant.