Jambands.ca

Will this work day never end?

MarcO

This day is surely going a little slow but what makes it all better is that today is my Friday. My office is sending me to a spa for the day tomorrow! Sweet way to kick off the weekend.

:mad:

My day is going rather slow although there was a point when it was looking up as we had a staff bbq lunch. However the spread of food and the glutton in me made for an afternoon of complete misery - I feel as though I am about to blow up - I have this problem where when food is free or buffet style I tend to gorge myself.

For instance I don't have a sweet tooth at all don't crave sweets can easily pass them up when offered except at work when its free - so first I started with a burger AND dog, potato salad, pasta salad - full plate then once plate was clean I proceeded to go back for seconds of the pasta salad and added ceasar salad and potato chips that I missed because my plate was full the first time. Lunch was over and all the left overs were in the kitchen so I took a bowl and grabbed more chips for my desk. Then not to pass up the opportunity to miss out on free food I get a piece of strawberry short cake to have at my desk for 'later' BUT I DON'T EVEN LIKE SWEETS - now sweets are good but I don't crave them or ever feel the need to eat them so WHY did I NEED that piece and worse why did I EAT it when I was already about to explode.

Point being my afternoon has been a long uncomforable self inflicted miserable one.

I do 100% feel as though I am about to explode!

Hope I can keep together here so I can do it all again next time :P

tmi alexis

yeah i think it's TMI as well, but when he grabs the roll of TP and declares he'll be awhile in the bathroom, well, it's just TMI and i can't contain THAT much I and i needed to vent some of it out. i'm sorry you all had to witness that. but thank the dear sweet lord now i'm home, with only one more day to go, and 6 hours at that.

This day is surely going a little slow but what makes it all better is that today is my Friday. My office is sending me to a spa for the day tomorrow! Sweet way to kick off the weekend.

:mad:

My day is going rather slow although there was a point when it was looking up as we had a staff bbq lunch. However the spread of food and the glutton in me made for an afternoon of complete misery - I feel as though I am about to blow up - I have this problem where when food is free or buffet style I tend to gorge myself.

For instance I don't have a sweet tooth at all don't crave sweets can easily pass them up when offered except at work when its free - so first I started with a burger AND dog' date=' potato salad, pasta salad - full plate then once plate was clean I proceeded to go back for seconds of the pasta salad and added ceasar salad and potato chips that I missed because my plate was full the first time. Lunch was over and all the left overs were in the kitchen so I took a bowl and grabbed more chips for my desk. Then not to pass up the opportunity to miss out on free food I get a piece of strawberry short cake to have at my desk for 'later' BUT I DON'T EVEN LIKE SWEETS - now sweets are good but I don't crave them or ever feel the need to eat them so WHY did I NEED that piece and worse why did I EAT it when I was already about to explode.

Point being my afternoon has been a long uncomforable self inflicted miserable one.

I do 100% feel as though I am about to explode!

Hope I can keep together here so I can do it all again next time :P[/quote']

Homer?

It is not a true Krispy Kreme experience unless the donut is still hot off "the line" and melts in your mouth in an explosion of sugary, greasy badness. My digestive tract has never been the same.

P.S. You beat me to it, Livingstoned!

P.P.S. Bouche changed my avatar, not me.

Edited by Guest

yes - another funny story about my "I don't like sweets" claim. Well I definitely don't like donuts - they are probalby the only thing I will decline even at work when they are free....(unless they are krispy kreme as the story explains)

Now a while back I lived with this friend of mine when Krispy Kreme came to Ontario - she was pregnant and ordered on bed rest. She was a huge chocoholic - sweets addict etc,etc. So I tell her I'll take her to Krispy Kreme as soon as she is mobile again. The day came when she said hey you promised lets go....now this was still at the time when line ups were happening. We get there in the door just in time. Seconds after us a line up out the door appeared we were only about 10 people in line inside. So I'm not getting anything because I don't like donuts but the employee comes around with hot off the line samples so I take one (thinking get this over with what the heck is the fuss about a freaking donut) so I've got my back turned from my friend as I put the thing in my mouth - instant melt in my mouth...I believe drool even seeped down my chin at the taste I do a 360 spin at mach speed turning my friend and we both burst into laughter at the look on each of our faces - so I expected her to like them but me I was floored at the melt in mouth drool factor. Walked out with 2 dozen glazed Krispy Kreme donuts FOR MYSELF!!!

The extreme love affair wore off quite a bit after those 2 dozen mind you - but I still will grab one here and there if offered....7 second in the micro folks almost - not quite but almost compares to hot off the line in-store.