Jambands.ca

WOWZERS!: BURT NEILSON BAND: 10 Year Anniversary Show!

Jay Funk Dawg

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go with the one on Lombard Street (I did), there's a special rate for The Opera House. Phone them directly (416-367-5555) and ask about it. I was quoted $110 (usually $125) for the night, and breakfast is included.

Lombard St. is also closest to the venue, I think. (My plan is to walk to Queen St. E., and take the street car.)

Aloha,

Brad

What I want to know is who is planning the after-party ?

I may limit my partying at the show, let alone skipping and after-show festivazation: I'm coming to Toronto on Friday, seeing BNB Friday night, coming back to Ottawa on Saturday, seeing James McKenty And The Spades Saturday night, and rehearsing all Sunday afternoon. Luckily, I'm taking Monday off, but even that won't pay off the sleep debt I'll incur this weekend.

Jay, is it doors at 9pm, will-call at 8pm?

Aloha,

Brad

Sure, we're okay with video taping. In fact, we encourage it! As long as it doesn't get in our sightlines... and we can get a copy!

Wow this came up quick. Hard to believe that 10 years ago I was probably still coming down off the high of playing our first two shows for very forgiving crowds on Oct 31 and Nov 2.

We've got a lot of old material, and lots of special guests (Todd, Mark, Andrew, Peter, Serena, Steve, Shelby, Scottie, Doug.....) playing our songs, their songs and new ones too.

We're incredibly grateful to everyone who's been there throughout the years and enabled us to make it this long and far.

I'm fuckin excited and ready to giver! See y'all Friday.

We've got a lot of old material, and lots of special guests (Todd, Mark, Andrew, Peter, Serena, Steve, Shelby, Scottie, Doug.....) playing our songs, their songs and new ones too.

Will you be using a written-out set list? If so, I'd really appreciate a copy after the show; I'll be keeping track as I record, but I'm sure to hear songs whose titles I don't know.

Aloha,

Brad

And I always seem to eat at the REAL JERK just west of the Opera House whenever I play there.

I'll probably have dinner somewhere near the hotel (so I can go back and chill there before having to leave for the show), but is there a coffee shop or convenience store near the venue?

Aloha,

Brad