Jambands.ca

WOWZERS!: BURT NEILSON BAND: 10 Year Anniversary Show!

Jay Funk Dawg

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chin chin, Margie's in!

I somehow got drunkenly involved in an old roommate's ex-boyfriends band about 10 years ago, singing back up vocals and slapping a tambourine against my ass. It was all a big excuse to hang out in a shared studio space, smoking and drinking whisky and getting googlie-eyed over those dreamy sneakered purveyors of the Thunder Bay power-chord when alas, we actually scored a gig! I'll never forget the intensity of attempting to replicating those Foghat harmonies night after ridiculous night only to arrive at the show and realize that we were meant to be opening for none other than the Burt Neilson Band!!!

My story would be way cooler had I gone through with the set but looking out over the crowd at "Cocks & Holes" and seeing pretty much every person I knew, plus that super-cute tall guy that seemed to be everywhere BNB was and I totally bailed. I pretended I was just a stage hand or groupie or whatever fixing up the mikestand and got the fuck out of dodge!

Bwah-ha-ha! Thanks for the memories boys. I'll save a drink and a smoke for you at the Satan's Turtle if you can break free of all those groupies ;) Peace & Love!