Official 2007 NHL Trade Thread

badams

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not so bad now am I Andre?

Here's the deal Ollie' date=' just so you understand:

Dave, do you own any Calgary apparel? Do you own any Leaf apparel? What about fridge magnets? What about ALL our hockey conversations over the years? Who do you talk more about? Calgary or the Leafs?

Being a flamer and being a Flames fan are vastly different. Every Canadian hockey fan east of Manitoba loves Phaneuf. Dont kid yourself Leaf lover. Its time to embrace your true passion.

[/quote']

I was trying so hard to stay out of this but...you don't pick teams, they pick you.

I'm not so bad now am I Andre?

Here's the deal Ollie' date=' just so you understand:

Dave, do you own any Calgary apparel? Do you own any Leaf apparel? What about fridge magnets? What about ALL our hockey conversations over the years? Who do you talk more about? Calgary or the Leafs?

Being a flamer and being a Flames fan are vastly different. Every Canadian hockey fan east of Manitoba loves Phaneuf. Dont kid yourself Leaf lover. Its time to embrace your true passion.

[/quote']

I was trying so hard to stay out of this but...you don't pick teams, they pick you.

Actually, that is more or less true. However, it really only applies to the NHL. I like to cheer for the underdog too. I wish I did have a team loyalty like I did with the Bruins growing up.

Edited by Guest

But sources say the experience of trying to acquire Roberts left Senators GM John Muckler upset because nobody is sure if Florida coach and GM Jacques Martin and assistant GM Randy Sexton were bargaining in good faith.

There's a strong feeling that Martin didn't really want to help his old employer get the one player who might put it over the top in a run to the Stanley Cup. Let's not forget, it was Muckler who summoned Martin to his office after an ugly playoff defeat to the Maple Leafs in 2003 and sent him packing.

The Senators aren't the only ones feeling used. Sources say Maple Leafs GM John Ferguson isn't pleased that he got left out in the cold by the Panthers in the Roberts sweepstakes.

"Never hold a grudge," Muckler said from Ottawa. "These were straight negotiations and it didn't work out."

Here we go...I remember back in 93/94 maybe I was at a game at the Civic Centre...Ottawa was getting destroyed, as was usual back then, and the crowd started chanting "Randy's got to go"

It was awesome!

Speaking of Ted Nolan' date=' did anybody see me interviewed in the Nolan biography that was running all last week on APTN? [/quote']

WHAT?

YouTube that shit mother-fucker!

At least give us the low-down dirties.

I got interviewed re: Nolan on my way into one of the Memorial Cup games last May. A small clip of the interview was used in the documentary.

NorthernWish and I had been into the sauce and the film makers were especially amateurish, so this could have turned out VERY badly, but surprisingly I came across pretty well. And relatively sober too!

I think Oleg is going to fit in just fine with the Sens. His goals all come from 15' of the Net, and alot of his highlights he scored either from the ice or ended up on the ice. 2nd leading scorer in Phoenix to Shane Doan, but played on a weaker line with guys like Laraque, and was also the only significant +/- player on the team at +8.

I think everyone was getting boners for the obvious players that had all the rumours, but just cause this guys name wasn't hung up to dry for weeks to see, doesn't mean it wasn't a great pick up. Considering how little sellers there were, and what prices they were going for, I think the Sens made a schrewd move for today, and a good move for the future.

He's got better stats than Roberts, an equal +/- and 10 less points than 1st liner Bill Guerin, and is a +24 compared to Zubrus... and obtained at a small fraction of the price. In the salary cap era, it's hard to ignore the value added, and not removed from a trade like this.

He also could of arguable been Phoenix's addition to the All-star game instead of Yanic Perrault. Oleg has better stats there too.

I'm not saying that he's the second coming, but considering that all these players came from the worst of the worst teams, the trade deadlines ultimate impact this year is much-ado-about nothing.

Welcome #61