Jambands.ca

Caution Jam ,Diesel Dog live at Mavericks Saturday May 5th

Mavericks

I'll have the new DD cd up on oink in a few days.

Don't do that' date=' that's pretty shitty.[/quote']

and i'll be selling burned copies of the new disc at a reduced price at upcoming shows.

Awesome then. Any unofficial merchandise like T-shirts would be nice too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,, I was talking CTMF stuff with Mark Wilson and it turned into Mark hitching a ride up to mavericks with us and DD. It looks like the Elkas crew is coming over after their show(3/4 BNB). So it looks like some kinda special pre CTMF Ottawa gig...

??DDMWCJAMBNBCTMFblender??

well for the record, it doesn't make me sick. i'm just wondering, to get a post pinned is it just a matter of asking? not meaning to stir things up, just curious. there are plenty of shows happening across the province, i'm wondering why this one is singled out.

Ive always wondered why stuff gets pinned. But it might just be because members of both those bands are actively posting on this site and active members of the jambands community. Not sure though just my guess.

A good guess, I think. I can't speak for all of the shows and posts that get pinned, but some of them get pinned because the people involved (bands, promoters, venue owners, etc.) are contributing members of jambands.ca.

Peace, Mark

Wow! What a show at PJs last night. I had such a great time. Glad that the boys got a good turnout. The full band acoustic was particularly a special treat for me, and the new tunes sound great. Looking forward to listening to the versions on the new disc.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Diesel Dog continues to be one of my favourite "local" acts. THey always lay down the groove just right, and last night was another demonstration of this. No bullshit, just great melodies that feel real good to move to.

Thanks for that.

• 2 weeks later...

NEXT!! This is gonna be one of the last few shows i play with the Caution Jam. To be doing it with one of my favorite Ontario bands will be a blast. Ottawa was one of the very first towns I went to in my rock band daze ( first time was 1989 at Barrymores). I truly hope alot of the Ottawa gang come out to book end my Ontario experience and to hear the great music Diesel Dog is making these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Now,

How many people can Mavericks fit in it? We've never played there before.. Is it the bar under Dekcuf?

We're gonna get there early on Sat. any good afternoon music in the market? It's gonna be a beautiful weekend so we want to walk around.

Oh and can someone put me in touch with Dave L. from nero?? I wanna ask him to come out and jam..

thanks,,mark

Hey Now,

How many people can Mavericks fit in it? We've never played there before.. Is it the bar under Dekcuf?

Yup, it's the street-level bar below Dekcuf. I think its capacity is 200 or 300.

We're gonna get there early on Sat. any good afternoon music in the market? It's gonna be a beautiful weekend so we want to walk around.

I'm not sure about the Market, but if you can make it to the Glebe, Irene's Pub has an acoustic open stage from 3pm - 6pm.

Aloha,

Brad