Jambands.ca

Caution Jam ,Diesel Dog live at Mavericks Saturday May 5th

Mavericks

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive always wondered why stuff gets pinned. But it might just be because members of both those bands are actively posting on this site and active members of the jambands community. Not sure though just my guess.

A good guess' date=' I think. I can't speak for all of the shows and posts that get pinned, but some of them get pinned because the people involved (bands, promoters, venue owners, etc.) are contributing members of jambands.ca.

Peace, Mark

[/quote']

it's unfortunate, in my opinion... i tend to glaze over the pinned topics as if they were more ads. if the posts were 'live' like the others i would be more likely to notice them. silly, i guess, but that's the way my brain has adapted to view webpages surrounded by adspace.

this question's been asked before, but never directly addressed by bouche. i'd be interested in understanding it too.

in other news, i might be in for this show, depending on how beat i am from working in the garden. man oh man do i love spring :cool:

[

in other news, i might be in for this show, depending on how beat i am from working in the garden. man oh man do i love spring :cool:

oh, I DO hope to see you Caroline!!!!

I know what you mean about the love for gardening!!! I spent all yesterday aft/evening and today in my gardens. We inherited 4 ornamental beds with this house, plus the veg garden we put in last year....so LOTS of work, but getting the beds ready, clearing the winter detritus, watching the early perennials bloom, planting the seedlings and seeds, definitely is my favourite time (before the weeding begins! :crazy: )

We should trade seeds!

I have a ton of purple cornflower (echinacea) seeds, and lots of tiger lily seedlings if you want.

my big project this year is designing and planting a butterfly garden!!!!

YAY SPRING indeed!!!

Pathetic turnout.

Great music.

Two sets each, from Diesel Dog and Caution Jam, with David Lauon sitting in with both of them. Sailin' Shoes. Dark Star. I'm A Man. Animator. Fearless. Multiple John Prine tunes.

Aloha,

Brad

really an embarrassing turnout!

Still, both bands tore it up for those of us in attendance. I'm sure Brad will have the recording up soon....probably after his 'second breakfast' and 'elevensies'

I agree that Ottawa can't moan about the lack of good bands when so few come out to support them.

BIG THANKS to DD and Caution Jam for making the trek and showing us a good time! The band/musician mash-ups were great!!

Some great tunes for those of us who showed up, thanks to the bands for coming out and ripping it up for us regardless. At least the tapes won't be chatty. ;)

That end of Rideau Street seems to be turning into a bit of a ghost town. And it doesn't feel too safe either. Saw a guy getting ready to hit his crack pipe on Friday night.

University students went back home last weekend so that probably had an effect as well. And, I didn't see any advertising outside of this forum. The show wasn't even listed on Mavericks marquee until last night.

Anyway, enough rambling about the turnout. The music was great and I'm glad to have been there.

And yo! Thanks for the shooters phorbesie!

I agree that Ottawa can't moan about the lack of good bands when so few come out to support them.

last night both zaphods and capital sold out in advance, there was a quarter-full crowd at babylon, about a hundred at barrymore's, plus many other venues were busy.

lots of people were out supporting bands last night.

if it was diesel dog's first time here, they can't really expect a sell out. has caution jam been here in the past couple years and do they really have the following to draw a big saturday night crowd in ottawa? was there advertising?

too bad it didn't work out for the bands after travelling here and putting on a good show from these accounts.

What a groovin night! Both bands sure ripped it up, regardless of the amount of people that were there. That's something I truly appreciate. They've been playing music long enough and have probably played so many a empty dance floors, but you know, they love what they do and have that passion. So even if there is only 2 people there, play your heart out for them, cause they'll appreciate it.

I sure did, and I think so did every single person in there last night. By the end of the night it was just none stop groovyness and I couldn't stop shaking my booty. Having Dave sit in and a mix up of members from both bands was nice, all just having a good time.

Thanks all you beautiful musicians. Keep on keepin on!

And thanks Brad for taping, can't wait for the recording....so I can play it to my friends who weren't there and show them what a good time they missed. Hehehe Cheers!

Steph