Jambands.ca

sh!t Box !

Kanada Kev

Need this for your next concert/festival experience??? What a "crap" idea ;)

http://www.creativereview.co.uk/crblog/crap-idea/

shit-box-glasto.JPG

Introducing, the Shit Box, this year’s ‘Festival Essential’…

Yes, it’s a cardboard box, but not just any cardboard box. This one has a picture of a happy, smiling turd on the side, for it is the Shit Box “a lightweight portable cardboard toilet, made specifically for outdoor use†according to a press release just received by CR. “The box pops up from its convenient 14†flat pack to a rigid reusable box, you pop in a degradable poo bag, do your business, seal and then disposeâ€.

The SB, as it’s snappily been titled by the PR who sent it to us, is the brainchild of Richard Wharton, founder of Office shoes (so he knows a thing or two about putting crap in boxes, boom, boom) and Mandy Mayes of branding agency Dry. “Wharton’s quest dates back to Glastonbury 1989 when he simply could not face another trip to the ‘log drop’ [sic] toilets†we are told “Inside his tent was a Kleenex box and this set him thinking…†Yikes. Reminder us never to ask Wharton for a tissue.

The SB can apparently hold up to 20 stone in weight - that’s in terms of someone sitting on it rather than the, er, payload, we guess. And it can be yours for just £15.67.

introducing.jpg

Edited by Guest

the smiling turd on the side does indeed look quite happy. is this supposed to be one use only? or, for the whole festival?

Read all about it. It's a multi-use box since you use poo-bags :D

http://www.thebrowncorporation.com/

pop fold shit stool :P:D:P:D

TheTurd.gif

Count on the Brits to come up with this shit:

The idea came from Glastonbury in 1989…

I was in my tent on a sweaty early Sunday morning and needing to go… at

that stage the kharzees were mostly the “long drop†types and after 3 days of

everyones excess’s this was the last place I wanted to visit in my rather fragile

state. In the corner of the tent was a box of Kleenex tissues and I just thought that

if the box was bigger and sturdy, I could rip out the oval bit in the middle and insert

a carrier bag and hey presto I have a toilet that I can use in my own tent! No more

throwing up/gagging whilst trying to hold your arse and clothes away from the long

drop seat… hooray.

Like all good ideas its taken me a while to get this one going as I got rather caught

up with my day job, but nearly 20 years later, about 50 prototypes on, the simple

idea that is Shit Box has arrived. I’m not saying the experience is the most luxurious

but after having quite a few goes myself, I can honestly say it works!

Have a good one… and twos

Richard Wharton “The Big Shitâ€

Founder The Brown Corporation

Edited by Guest

You never did this phorbesie? We'd buy a very low priced kids tent and a cheap lawnchair and styrofoam cooler. Cut a hole in the cooler and the lawnchair and set them inside the tent.

The best fun was drawing straws to see who had to empty the device before heading into the music each day.

After Deer Creek 8.3.98 I vowed to never enter one of those shit saunas provided on site again. And I don't think I ever did.

Maybe this sounds gross, but I'd rather be contaminated with friends germs that I knew rather than 10,000+ strangers.

You never did this phorbesie? We'd buy a very low priced kids tent and a cheap lawnchair and styrofoam cooler. Cut a hole in the cooler and the lawnchair and set them inside the tent.

Maybe this sounds gross, but I'd rather be contaminated with friends germs that I knew rather than 10,000+ strangers.

maybe??!?!??!?

The best fun was drawing straws to see who had to empty the device before heading into the music each day.

After Deer Creek 8.3.98 I vowed to never enter one of those shit saunas provided on site again. And I don't think I ever did.

:o

I think if some phish kids set up their 'shit-tent' near where I slept, I'd strangle them.... to death!