Jambands.ca

Avery plays the "sloppy seconds" card!

rubberdinghy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lead up to the quote (from the G&M) is even more hilarious!

"As he emerged from the dressing area at the back of the visiting dressing room, he asked if a TSN camera were present.

When he saw that it was, Avery stepped in front of the microphones, didn't wait for a question to be asked and started talking."

I think a big factor in the suspension is that he went out of his way to make the comments. The reporters did not approach him, he approached them and began speaking. This kind of talk happens on the ice all the time but to go out of your way to broadcast it on television is ridiculous. Give him 5 games and tell him to save that talk for the ice where the people he is talking about can do something about it.

I think even Avery realized how embarrassing he was being about halfway through his little speech. At least that's how I read his body language and tone of voice.

to me it looked as though he thought it was funny and when no one laughed half way through his schpeal, he bolted.

Funny to hear Matthew Barnaby commenting on this on TSN this morning. 2 of my most hated players ever.