Jambands.ca

The Trews at Glenn Gould Studio

booches sista

I bought my tickets to this acoustic show on January 30th. They are recording the show and releasing it as an official acoustic album. The set list will combine old favorites, unreleased b sides and album tracks that they don't play at the electric shows. We're in Row K...a little far for my liking, but I can't complain...it's my favourite band.

Anyone ever been here? What's it like?

I've never been in there before, but we're doing a walk through of the studio on Thursday to check it out and figure out the setup. From what I know, the sound in there is immaculate.

Glad you got tickets! We're really looking forward to this one - the acoustic show is quite fun. See you then!

Edited by Guest

That is the place that we saw the solo Bruce Hornsby show at. It is a gorgeous hall.

He took requests and somewhere in the middle of the show, he got up and came down and shook my hand. He must have thought I was somebody else.

Weren't you rocking your Tom Green look back then or was it when your Sam Roberts look was emerging?

That is the place that we saw the solo Bruce Hornsby show at. It is a gorgeous hall.

He took requests and somewhere in the middle of the show, he got up and came down and shook my hand. He must have thought I was somebody else.

Yeah, that was weird... I was sitting two rows behind you and when Bruce went down and shook your hand I was like... huh? I figured you must have arrived super early and visited a bunch with him.

He took requests and somewhere in the middle of the show' date=' he got up and came down and shook my hand. He must have thought I was somebody else.[/quote']

Yeah, that was weird... I was sitting two rows behind you and when Bruce went down and shook your hand I was like... huh? I figured you must have arrived super early and visited a bunch with him.

don't you have a few photos?

A couple from our front row tix. I should have taken more.

2004-07-2612.jpg

2004-07-2611.jpg

I am so fucking slow at this, but I do have a video of this show with only a small portion missing (which can be dubbed in from the aud recording i received here). I got it from the in-house feed which had a board feed into it as well. I just have to get somebody to drop it down to a DVD from a BetaSX tape. Any aspiring video editors here???????

Edited by Guest

I'm ready to hand it over to some capable hands.

Yes, from the cobwebs of my mind i seem to recall a little purple rain teased somewhere in there that night. I had to run upstairs to change a tape in the beta deck near the end. What a pain when the deck is on the 7th floor ;)

I haven't seen the footage for ages, but there's time at beginning and end where you see the crowd mingling around, etc. I'm sure you'll be able to spot yourself in there.