Jambands.ca

Red Rocks Tickets on sale at TB early (update: TicketMaster gives out $50)

Basher

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite my rather crippling jealousy, my fingers are crossed for the people who were able to jump on this while it lasted. I would obviously much prefer tickets that I didn't get go to Phans and not scalpers.

I wonder, though - scalpers will have definitely heard about this, albeit mostly after the fact. I wonder if the scalpers - people who buy huge volumes of tickets from TB for a variety of events - will kick up much of a fuss about this. TB won't sell any fewer tickets by canceling these orders, but if it could hurt their Tickets Now clientele, they might be more inclined to cancel the orders.

I sure as shit hope not, though. Good luck to everyone who scored some.

Here's teh shitter for all us Canadian folks - when the cancel, does Visa cancel the order and not put a charge on your card.

Or do you lose some dough because the dollar went up yesterday afternoon?

Its not much, and was totally worth it - just wondering...

Just watch the exchange rate. They sell at one rate and refund at another.

I remember way back with analagous mail order system of GDTS it was always a drag to get shut out of an order. The exchange rate was at nearly 40% and when you return a postal money order to the post office they are "buying back" not "refunding". If the Post Office is ready to rip you off that way you can bet that TB will too :(

TM will probably refund the orders' date=' keep the fees, resell them = more profit.

[/quote']

They will 100% NOT be keeping the fees.

Come on now.

Completely absurb to think that a company that charges random fees that sometimes exceed the original ticket price and takes the oppourtunity to charge an extra convenience fee when their customers print their own tickets and has just lost a class action lawsuit and are enduring a few more would even think of doing something so unethical.

I reiterate: Come on now.

basher, i said that because it happened to friends of mine with Oasis tix last year. they were able to purchase fan pre-sale tix before the email went out. 2 days later TM emailed them and refunded them but kept the service charges. so it's not that it hasn't happened before...

Just watch the exchange rate. They sell at one rate and refund at another.

I remember way back with analagous mail order system of GDTS it was always a drag to get shut out of an order. The exchange rate was at nearly 40% and when you return a postal money order to the post office they are "buying back" not "refunding". If the Post Office is ready to rip you off that way you can bet that TB will too :(

Not fair to classify that as the post office ripping you off. They have to sell and buy at the going rate minus their fees. Otherwise we could all buy money orders in U.S. funds and then cash them in Canada or the U.S. depending on which way the dollar went. It'd be risk-free investing, no?

But thats my concern here - if visa charged you then you're going to lose 1.5% or so both on the initial purchase and on the refund, plus whatever change there was to the dollar.

I've lost out on that one before.