Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go!! Fan Forum '09

Cully

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe, yeah after i read that i was a little unsure of his past teams. I only refer to his year(s) with the jays. Even when he was saving games they were by the skin of his teeth letting multiple runners on base whether he walked them or gave up fatties across the plate for solo HR's. He's been my least favourite JP Riccardi pickup and my skepticism abounds.

Yes, i have a hate on for BJ Ryan.

Wow, what amazing seats, and the team didn't dissapoint (even if it did take them a while to get it going) Romero pitched a great game, showed amazing patience and got himself out of a couple of jams. It was also fun to see the team hit three out of the park.

The core of the lineup didn't do well today...Wells looked like he was high, not focused at all in the box and let a fly ball drop that he would usually be all over. Rios went 0-4, although he did have an amazing relay to Hill who threw a runner out at home - highlight real material for sure!

I am getting a little sick of going to games and sitting by people who have NO interest in being at the games, just getting wasted. It was a little surprising that a bunch of these idiots were sitting in the second row behind the dugout...every second word was FUCK, and there were so many kids around. I almost said something, but decided to avoid the confrontation (as I can't be a social worker all the time!!)

I know what you mean about the fans Cully. What's so hard about enjoying the game and the beer at the same time? And seriously, is it not common decency to quiet down on the swears when there's a bunch of kids around? It's really not too much to ask.

Good series though for the Jays. I'm liking the way Hill has been playing too, amongst others of course.

Lind is tearing it up this year. Cito has taken him under his wing and is teaching him patience at the plate, and how to pick his pitch -he is seeing the ball so well!

Lets hope they can continue the winning streak today with Doc on the mound.

I am so glad they managed to get the win. Ryan looked terrible on the mound. He always makes me so nervous, as he seems to fight just to get a strike. I almost had a heart attack when he loaded the bases with two outs, bullshit!

Hopefully after yesterdays performance, someone else will get the call.

Go Jays Go. Get your brooms out my friends...

Twas fun seeing the Jays beat the Indians on Saturday in Cleveland. It was cold a fuck but nice to sit in a park with grass on the field.

We had awesome seats - 2nd row above the Jays dugout. It was definitely close enough to bean Ryan with a frozen hot dog as he was coming out of the game. Didn't feel like spending time in a Cleveland jail though.

At one point in the 9th inning, as the camera guy was putting people up on the big screen, I noticed that he was focused on a guy about 4 rows behind me. As I was right in the line of sight, I raised my retro Jays cap up and FILLED the Jumbotron with it. Everyone booed. It was awesome.

At one point in the 9th inning, as the camera guy was putting people up on the big screen, I noticed that he was focused on a guy about 4 rows behind me. As I was right in the line of sight, I raised my retro Jays cap up and FILLED the Jumbotron with it. Everyone booed. It was awesome.

awesome.

Snider's 2nd last night was a BOMB!

Watched most of the game. These guys can hit. Check out the box score as of today:

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=torstar&page=mlb/scores/final/boxscore.aspx?GameID=24725

7 of 9 position players are hitting .300! And even Overbay smacked one last night. I know its only 8 games in but seriously. Cito knows hitting.

Snider and Lind are a joy to watch at the plate. Can't believe that Rolen and Obay are actually hitting.

Was cool to see the box score last night when the Jays scored 8 runs, with ZERO RBIs from 1-5 in the order.

Not slagging those guys at the top, just loving the fact that the bottom of the order can get it done when needed.

I love the Jays! Like Cito said things are looking good right now even though the top of the line-up is not performing. When those dudes come around we will be unstoppable. I can't believe how exciting they have been to watch these first 8 games.

How do you guys feel about BJ? I don't feel great.

I agree with Momack, cito does know hitting. I love how the hitters are being so much more aggressive at the plate. If you see your pitch, swing batta. How about Aaron Hill, lets go for nine in a row.

I know it is not likely that they will be there in the end, but this is way better then starting off shite and being a bottom dweller all season.

Who is replacing Litch? I think he may have been a bit rushed to the majors, but what else can they do, they don't really have anyone else. Bring back Chacin! Or maybe Jimmy Key can come out of retirement with the help of some HGH.