Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go!! Fan Forum '09

Cully

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy having no beer tonight at the stadium. The Rogers Centre liquor licence has been suspended.

[color:blue]Tonight is ok :)

The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario advised the host site it is suspending liquor licences for the April 7 Jays-Detroit Tigers game - one day after the home opener - the team's April 21 meet with the Texas Rangers and the Argos-Winnipeg Blue Bombers game on Aug. 1.

But all is not lost -- the Rogers Centre invited fans to exchange tickets for the two no-booze Jays game days at the Blue Jays box office at Gate 9 before the events, depending on the availability of alternate tickets. Rogers officials could not be reached for comment.

As for the Jays' hopes this year, Im gonna be optimistic. Last year our pitching kept us competitive, until the end of the year, when our bats got hot and the Jays flirted with the post season for about a minute.

People (the media) tend to forget just how useless Gibby was at manufacturing runs. Now we get a full season of Cito. The way I see it is that Rolen and Overbay will be the X-Factor on this team. If they hit better than last season (which they are both more than capable of), or even match their output from down the stretch (imagine?!?), the Jays could surprise a lot of teams with their offense. Snyder. Lind. a healthy Aaron Hill. Oh yea, and Wells and Rios.

As for pitching, the Jays still have their bullpen intact (except for Ryan) which is a good thing to say the least. If starters 3 through 5 can get through 5 innings(which isn't a ridiculous possibility!) on most nights, we do still have one of the, if not, best BP's in the league.

The media has already written this year's team off, which is fine. McGowan and Marcum are HUGE losses, this is true, but last year the same "experts" had the Jays competing for the Wild Card and division before they even knew who these guys were.

All Im saying is don't count these guys out just yet...and cheers to opening day!

41Y48CVCJML.jpg

4 of the 5 starters are very inexperienced and having no Ryan in the bullpen is a huge problem. As for batting, I think they'll be ok. Still, it wouldn't shock me if they Jays finished near the bottom of the American League - and it could happen given that they are in the powerful East and play Eastern Division teams far more often.

Wasn't it baseballs? What the fuck is a matter with people?

It's good and bad...the good news is that over half of these people won't be at the rest of the games, therefore stiffling the mob mentality a little bit, but the bad news is that over half of these people won't be at the rest of the games turning the dome back into a mosoleum.

But seriously, that was stupid.

Yea we were sitting behind those fans and we were all pretty pissed off about it, they were wrecking the atmosphere. But like Hal said most of those douches wont be back and were probally there just becuase of opening night. They were throwing bottles, balls, and airplanes. Although I will give credit to one guy and his aero-dynamic skills, I watched one guy throw his paper air plane from the upper 500s almost at the top and it made it to center feild. But aside from all the "Hooligans" I had a good time and Loved the game! Cant wait to get in to the swing of the season.

They swung the bats pretty good last night but Verlander pitched like absolute shit so i'm not even getting close to optimistic yet.

Snider and Lind had great games and i am still soooo impressed by Snider's poise and maturity at the plate. He has such bat speed and is so smooth up there...reminds me of Barry Bonds' swing.

GO Jays!

I am not so sure about B.J. Ryan this year. He has lost a lot on his fastball, and blew the save last night. It was nice to see the offense deliver once again and get the win (great to see Roland and Hill get HRs!!)

Can't wait to sit right behind the dugout tommorow!

Go Topes...