Jambands.ca

Roll Call: Filipowitsch/Manzik @ Avant-Garde (Ott.) tonight

bradm

raw sugar have a different schedule for sure.

check out both Mike and don't miss his Yugoslavian tourmate Billy. Billy's got some good tunes and pulls out his resonator for some bluesy numbers.

Mike got to pulling of some really cool shit (of course) and his voice is just killer. That 50 ways cover was excellent, but his off-the-cuff cover of Tom Petty's The Waiting was pretty incredible for claiming to not know any words. Of course hearing his burt tunes make me miss the burt neilson band terribly.

Nice! Wish I could've seen some of these shows.... and I hope "The Waiting" was inspired by me lending him the Tom Petty documentary. Hope tomight's show made last night's show seem like an exgir... well... Mike knows where I'm going with this.

Tonight's show was fantastic square-s-square-square.

Mike came off stage in a fury of wetness. 2 hrs of non-stop shit, aside from when he busted his A-string. Seriously........who breaks an A-string?

Mike's new songs are well written and very mature. They mix well with the In The Belly material. He was quite animated tonight which made it incredibly difficult to take a picture.