Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

I wish we could go back in a crystal ball 24 hrs and see how Deuce would have reacted if it were Price traded for the same return.

Back to your hypotheticals??

I aint sidestepping shit...

Sure seems like you are, just one example of what would have been better...one? Gimme something...Put words to screen which André thinks would have better than the deal that has been made by 2 actual GMs. One realistic example??

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how Deuce re-writes the last 3 months of history. Halak wasn't the MVP of the franchise's best playoff run in nearly two decades? He wasn't the reason they squeaked into the playoffs? And knocked off two elite teams despite being undermanned and undersized??

You should have quoted my entire quote MrBigTime.

I aint sidestepping sh!t, I simply cant answer but if you think that's the best deal Gauthier could have done then good on you but please dont fuÇking call Jaro a 271st pick being traded for a 13th and a 3rd.

That being said, do you think that would have been a good return for Price?

I aint sidestepping shit, I simply cant answer but if you think that's the best deal Gauthier could have done then good on you but please dont fucking call Jaro a 271st pick being traded for a 13th and a 3rd.

That just shows how little you actually understand about the situation at hand when you try and qualify it like that.

I was coming in here to say just that. I get what you're saying Deuce but it's pretty ridiculous to be quantitatively comparing where they were drafted when Halak has already proven beyond a shadow of a doubt he's a good goaltender, far beyond his 271st overall pick would indicate. In hind sight he was a steal. The other two guys haven't proven shit all yet (though they may). None the less at this stage in the game the draft comparison isn't really that valid.

Buncha whiners!!!

Halak has 2 half seasons played for Montreal, and yet people are referring to him as the team MVP...

Andrew Raycroft also had 2 good half seasons, and look at what happened there.

No one is whining in Sens country. Thank fucking god Halak is gone to the West. At no point while watching Raycroft play at any point in his career did I have to turn the television off because it was too painful to watch. Of course I have a lot of hatred invested in the Habs but still, Halak was agony and I’m glad the pain is over. Watching Price is a joy, we affectionately call him Juicer.

The PRICE is right in Montreal

That’s pretty much what it boils down to I guess and imagine the shit you can talk if Juicer works out but I think he’s more Theodore than Roy.

Edited by Guest
grammar

I agree with the move made, and it is made, for real, no hypotheticals.

I am glad Price is still in Montreal. Yes this is because my favorite goalie plays for my favorite team. Had Price been moved, he'd still be my favorite goalie on another team (hypothetically).

If anyone wants to quantify what more the Habs should have gotten in return for an unsigned goalie, have at it... I think the deal is a good one and Eller will be good young addition up front for very cheap for the 2010-11 season, and Schultz seems good on paper to add some grit and a few points down the road...

No one knows if Halak is more Roy than Theodore either... But that Roy guy was booo'd right out of town as the fans wanted, booo'd right into 2 Stanley cups in Colorado...

I would say that a better trade would have been to land someone who was the MVP of their franchise's best playoff run in nearly two decades or someone who was the reason their team squeaked into the playoffs or someone who more or less singlehandedly knocked off two elite teams despite being undermanned and undersized– but maybe that's just me

If anyone wants to quantify what more the Habs should have gotten in return for an unsigned goalie, have at it...

And therein lies what many are saying.

Why the rush to trade him? Why did they do it now if for such a little return?

(I'm simply asking you to think about these issues, not answer them)

And again, if the roles were reversed, how would you feel about this trade from a Habs fan perspective if this were Price instead of Halak?

(I am asking you to answer that question)

I agree with AD.

If anyone wants to quantify what more the Habs should have gotten in return for an unsigned goalie' date=' have at it...[/quote']

And again, if the roles were reversed, how would you feel about this trade from a Habs fan perspective if this were Price instead of Halak?

I'm not the one complaining about the trade, you are...

BUT...if this was for Price rather than Halak:

- The Habs would be paying Halak $4M+

- The Habs would not re-sign Pleks

- Halak would be the highest paid player in Hamilton in 2 years

- I would marry a supermodel playboy wife

- My cock would be 24 inches long rather than my meager 15"

- Andre would have the gonads to step up and quantify what "better" or "more" actually means, rather than sidesteppin his original comment 3-4 times...your vag is showing

- All the water fountains at work would be replaced with booby fountains and facewashes could happen all day

- Chocolate thunder wouldn't age poorly

- My career would be as a stripper bouncer

If we wanna talk in hypotheticals...

I'm full of beer!! :)

Edited by Guest

If anyone wants to quantify what more the Habs should have gotten in return for an unsigned goalie' date=' have at it...[/quote']

I'm not the one complaining about the trade, you are...

BUT...if this was for Price rather than Halak:

- The Habs would be paying Halak $4M+

- The Habs would not re-sign Pleks

- Halak would be the highest paid player in Hamilton in 2 years

- I would marry a supermodel playboy wife

- My cock would be 24 inches long rather than my meager 15"

- Andre would have the gonads to step up and quantify what "better" or "more" actually means, rather than sidesteppin his original comment 3-4 times...your vag is showing

[color:red]- All the water fountains at work would be replaced with booby fountains and facewashes could happen all day- Chocolate thunder wouldn't age poorly

- My career would be as a stripper bouncer

If we wanna talk in hypotheticals...

I'm full of beer!! :)

Why... Oh Why can't this be true????

Of course I have a lot of hatred invested in the Habs

that's just the former Leafs fan in you

I'm not sure everyone knew that' date=' thanks for digging up the past.

Look at what this has done' date=' if nothing else....TURNED US AGAINST EACH OTHER. And given Schwa, Dinghy and Sloth mocking fodder. Goddamn you to hell Gauthier.[/quote']

hmmmm... don't they have this good lookin fellow locked up for $3.8M of pinework?:

Edmonton+Oilers+v+Ottawa+Senators+E-LRo-C0IMGl.jpg

It's not something I've said often in my life but it needs saying, that's one handsome gentleman.

From fourhabsfans:

Helo, Mentreal.

I sad today. 3 week ago, I pley my last game in Cenedien joursie. I take Cenedien teem to canference finals for first time since 1993.

1993, what a year of crazy time. Cenedien teem win last Cup and year of dissolution of Czecolslovakia, where my home Slovakia and husband Czech republic file for Velvet Divorce.

Today, Mentreal, Cenediens file for another divorce, the divorce from me Jaro. Cari the fat wale now become big big goalie. Cari the fat wale is so fat I call him cupcake when I no call him wale. Sometime I call him fat cupcake wale. One day I call him Cari fat wale cupcake. I even call him fat Cari fat wale fat Cari wale cupcake.

I think Cari tell Pierre Go-tyay! listen Pierre, I always be called names by Jaro. He call me cupcake and wale and it make me cry from tears to my eyes. I no understand Pierre. I hate cupcakes. I hate cupcakes like Indiana Jones hates snakes. I want Jaro go now.

Cari want to stey in Mentreal and put big red Cenedien jersey. Cari make the divorce.

1993 was the Velvet Divorce. Today fat cupcake wale Cari make the Red Velvet Divorce.

I dont know Mentreal wat more I supose to make on ice for Mentreal teem to sey, oh Jaro you my favorite animal. I pley Olivechkin, he say I shake, I shake his hand 2 week later then he go score gols in internashional tournament in small arena in Bern. I pley Crosboosbie, everybady sey he best pleyer in planet of world of erth, and 2 week later he tell me he cant pley hockey anymore and he want to sell itubes on internet to sell contraband tubes of falopian for women who want more tubes. Great idea Crosboosbie!!!

Then i pley Filadelfia cream teem, where it all began, but teem no want to do important thing to do wen pley big haockey games in pleyofs; put gols behind the ass of other golie in other teem! I think Mike Camelarry sey to teem "ok teem, we win this series but best way to do it is no score any gols for 3 games ok? Who's with me teeem? On 3!: one, two, three!!!"

Ok listen Camelto, plan not work too good well. Cupcake stay on bench for 5 more games making more fat in his wale ass, teem no score one gol for 3 games and we lose series like Czecolslovakia lose half it's letters in 1993.

3 weeks later, teem look at me and sey, hey Jaro, bye Jaro. Good luck Mentreal with your Eler Meller and Ian Miller Big Fat Name sound like german Shultz. I not no if these pleyers no how to skate without training blades (yes, you know the litel blades they but on two sides of your litle skate when you are litel Jaro baby so you no fall on litel Jaro ass on lake near Bratislava!). You see, Eller and Shultz, when Go-tyay! remove the training blades, hold on to big fat Cari's boobs!

Now, I go to Louis Blue. City with so funy name! Oh Louis, you not very blue! Ok, I from Bratislava Green! But Bratislava green not possible because Bratislava no recycle anything but yogurt.

My best frend and agent Alloun Walsh tell me Jaro we going to take over NHL and every boy will have litel Jaro head of bobles and make me look like my head have pooopilepsie like Kastoutsyn. Alloun tell me we go to judge judy arbitration and we can sey to judy, "Hey Judy! I'm Jaro! Give me maney!" And Judy give me billions of dolars and big boat. Walsh sey Jaro so powerful now we make peace in middle of east and we rename city Jaroshalayim. Jaro will be on box of Jaro cereals with Cari and commercials that sey "Silly, wale, Jaros are for golies!"

I number 1 in Louis Blue. No more fat Cari, no more crazy Mentreal, no more talking to you here my friends. Wat crazy stories we sey to each other! We became good friends Mentreal, we will always have Paris.

Thank you for reading and for making Jaro one the most pleasant experiences of my life.

Goodbye, Mentreal.