Jambands.ca

Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck at the ACC in Feb

The Chameleon

So yet another great concert that is again pricing me out of the market.

Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton

@ ACC, Toronto

Sunday Feb.21

Floors: $225

Lower Level: $125

Upper Bowl front: $89.50

Back of Upper Bowl: $69.00

Add on top of that the typical ticketmaster service charges apply so tack on probably $17 per ticket.

So expensive and from my experience you don't want to be in the upper bowl at the ACC especially at these prices.

Tickets on sale Friday.

447x324_Clapton_Beck.jpg

I'd LOVE to catch this show too. I won't be dropping that kind of coin though. Maybe I'll hang out at the ACC that night and look for one of those $20 tickets :) (i've gotten into a Clapton show for that price in the past at the Dome)

Ha! I just checked. just under $500 for a pair in Row 26 of Sec 107!!! pffft. Do they think that we got some of that Wall St bail-out cashola or something? ;)

If there's one thing I've learned it's to never buy tickets for full price in advance for anything....ever.

EDIT: I feel the need to clarify that I mean "anything" that involves a multi-million (or billion) dollar ticketing agency and/or band(s) or musicians that make more in 5 minutes of performing than the average person makes in a year.

Edited by Guest

Eric Clapton is my all-time favorite guitarist and Jeff Beck is right up there as well.

I'm so glad this gig is coming to Toronto at the ACC as I would have traveled to NYC to MSG to see this gig and now it's in my own backyard.

I often don't get the top ticket prices anymore but to see Slowhand with Beck I decided to try for best available and I ened up with Floor Right Row 5.

Peace,

Tim

The best part of this concert should be the two legends jamming. If you've watched the recent DVD, Jeff Beck: Live at Ronnie Scott's, then you've seen a good primer. Clapton is indeed a confident man to go toe-to-toe with Beck. Expect some Yardbirds tunes from the two, even though they weren't in the band at the same time.

Considering it's Clapton/Beck we didn't want to wait for public sale, so we ordered presale (dec.1) and grabbed up floor seats. I don't have the credit card so I'm not exactly sure which row/section, but I'm pretty sure they are close to centre first 15 rows (maybe).

I can't wait for this show.

Considering it's Clapton/Beck we didn't want to wait for public sale, so we ordered presale (dec.1) and grabbed up floor seats. I don't have the credit card so I'm not exactly sure which row/section, but I'm pretty sure they are close to centre first 15 rows (maybe).

I can't wait for this show.

I've seen Beck this decade and he was on fire.

Considering it's Clapton/Beck we didn't want to wait for public sale' date=' so we ordered presale (dec.1) and grabbed up floor seats. I don't have the credit card so I'm not exactly sure which row/section, but I'm pretty sure they are close to centre first 15 rows (maybe).

I can't wait for this show.[/quote']

I've seen Beck this decade and he was on fire.

Agreed. I too have seen Becka couple times is the last 7 years ir so and he is a monster. His last three albums have all been drum & basss techno fusion too.

I will be down at the ACC the night of trying to score cheap tickets.

Toronto and Montreal are really two of the luckiest cities for Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck fans. Usually Clapton has been performing the special co-headlining or sharing the stage gigs in North America in New York City only with Cream in 2005 and Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood in 2008, though the two Blind Faith members did tour North America again in 2009.

Clapton and Beck performed in Japan in 2009 and are about to perform in London, UK before coming over to NYC and usually it ends there. Well not this time then they two former Yardbirds are playing in Toronto and Montreal.

Which makes it all the more special is after the Montreal Clapton & Beck Together & Apart gig five days later Clapton continues to tour in the United States without Beck intead with Roger Daltrey opening.

Here are the upcoming dates:

Tour

Date Venue Details Ticketing

Feb 18, 10

Madison Square Garden

New York, NY With Jeff Beck

> More Info

Feb 19, 10

Madison Square Garden

New York, NY With Jeff Beck

> More Info

Feb 21, 10

Air Canada Centre

Toronto With Jeff Beck

> More Info

Feb 22, 10

Bell Centre

Montreal, xx With Jeff Beck

> More Info

Feb 25, 10

Mellon Arena

Pittsburg, PA With Roger Daltrey

> More Info

Feb 27, 10

Sommet Center

Nashville, TN With Roger Daltrey

> More Info

Feb 28, 10

BJCC Arena

Birmingham, AL With Roger Daltrey

> More Info

Mar 02, 10

BOK Center

Tulsa, OK With Roger Daltrey

> More Info

Mar 03, 10

Sprint Center

Kansas City, MO With Roger Daltrey

> More Info

Mar 05, 10

FedEx Forum

Memphis, TN With Roger Daltrey

> More Info

Mar 06, 10

New Orleans Arena

New Orleans, LA With Roger Daltrey

> More Info

Mar 08, 10

RBC Center

Raleigh, NC With Roger Daltrey

> More Info

Mar 09, 10

Gwinnett Center

Atlanta, GA With Roger Daltrey

> More Info

Mar 11, 10

Bank Atlantic Center

Fort Lauderdale, FL With Roger Daltrey

> More Info

Mar 13, 10

Amway Arena

Orlando, FL With Roger Daltrey

> More Info

• 2 months later...
Anyone check this show out? I totally forgot but I have no cash anyway.

Ben Rayner gave it a shit review, and I'm kinda glad I didn't throw down any cash for it.

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/music/live/article/769408--eric-clapton-no-match-for-jeff-beck?bn=1

I'm going tonight to the show in Montreal.

That review in The Star makes me glad it's a free ticket!

Well after seeing the show last night in Montreal, I can surmise that Ben Rayner of The Star must have been in a bad mood. Both Clapton and Beck were great.

Sure, Clapton may have been laid back, but his music lends itself to more of a subtle performance. Jeff Beck was awesome, and the orchestra and horn sections added a heavier dimension to the all-instrumental songs.

I will agree that the inclusion of "Moon River" in the setlist was perhaps ill-advised.