Jambands.ca

50 worst artists in music history....

Tungsten Gruvsten

Call me old fashioned, but if you include "The Doors" in your list of top 50 worst bands of all time, doesn't that make you clinically retarded?

I wouldn't put them in my top 50 worst bands of all time but I can't say I am a fan. I dug them in my youth but just don't get them anymore. Jerry Garcia, fwiw, was also not a fan, so I'm in good company.

Skinny Puppy are/were a pretty cool band. surprised they were well known enough to make that list. (aside: you can see me in the audience in their concert video/DVD ain't it dead yet?)

they are one of only two bands that I've seen on that list. the other is Blind Melon. I'll be seeing mt third, Arrested Development, next month at the Grasroots Festival.

Reading the fine print in that article, it was written prior to 2006 and I'm pretty sure somebody posted in here back in the day. It's time the 50 worst list was updated!

Indeed. A new list should include the artists I already mentioned along with: Ke$ha, Stereos, Sum 41, Fergie, Hedley, Puddle of Mudd/System of a Down/Nickelback/Three Days Grace, Katy Perry and of course, Genesis.

Putting Emerson, Lake and Palmer at the top of your list really says more about your musical inclinations if anything, not that the criticisms aren't all valid.

And I liked Homebelly Groove!

30 RICHARD MARX

The devil-king of MOR

When it comes to the dreaded genre of adult contemporary, few were as archetypal as Winnetka, Illinois–born Richard Marx. The unbearably syrupy “Right Here Waiting,†from 1989, remains his most far-reaching hit, but it shows the extent to which America fell for his combination of mullet, Wedding Singer apparel and softer-than-soft rock that it was his third consecutive number 1 single.

Appalling fact Before his brief burst of stardom, Marx honed his painfully bland art as a backing singer for Lionel Richie.

Worst CD Repeat Offender (Capitol, 1989)

And really isn't Walking In Memphis Richard Marx biggest tune or am I cnfusing him with Marc Cohn.

Putting Emerson, Lake and Palmer at the top of your list really says more about your musical inclinations if anything, not that the criticisms aren't all valid.

And I liked Homebelly Groove!

30 RICHARD MARX

The devil-king of MOR

When it comes to the dreaded genre of adult contemporary, few were as archetypal as Winnetka, Illinois–born Richard Marx. The unbearably syrupy “Right Here Waiting,†from 1989, remains his most far-reaching hit, but it shows the extent to which America fell for his combination of mullet, Wedding Singer apparel and softer-than-soft rock that it was his third consecutive number 1 single.

Appalling fact Before his brief burst of stardom, Marx honed his painfully bland art as a backing singer for Lionel Richie.

Worst CD Repeat Offender (Capitol, 1989)

And really isn't Walking In Memphis Richard Marx biggest tune or am I cnfusing him with Marc Cohn.

You are confusing the two.