Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 10/11

MrBigTime

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that "blown goal" affected a lot of ref decisions for the remainder of the game. Add in a healthy dose of Bruin player stupidity.

Refs were much better in the Vancouver game.

Maybe so, maybe so....but Montreal did get three penalties in a row after they scored the go ahead goal in the second.

If, God willing, the Habs go on to win the game tonight, the Bruins won't have to look much further than their power play for what went wrong.

Maybe so, maybe so....but Montreal did get three penalties in a row after they scored the go ahead goal in the second.

If, God willing, the Habs go on to win the game tonight, the Bruins won't have to look much further than their power play for what went wrong.

Power play failure for the B's this entire series has been killin em (imo), as well the Habs ability to capitalize on their stupid mistakes (give aways, penalties etc) hasn't helped them either. Add to that some awesome goal tending from Price.

Been a great series if you ask me, although game five by far was the best all around, both teams looked great. A great example of why they (Bruins/Habs) are the best rivalry and match up in the NHL.

Should be a tense one tonight.

Been a great series if you ask me, although game five by far was the best all around, both teams looked great. A great example of why they (Bruins/Habs) are the best rivalry and match up in the NHL.

Should be a tense one tonight.

Amen brother. And should the Bruins win tonight, I will remember that sliding pad save Thomas made on the 2 on 1 in overtime in Game 5 for a looong time.

Yeah, so will I:

Way to shoot it back into him Gionta you fuckingasshole!

;)

Agreed on Esau's account as well. Been a great series. If the Habs cant blow them out of the water 8-0 then I hope the trend continues but I really could use a night of relaxing hockey for fack`s sake.

Well, if the B's keep playing like they did last night I imagine you'll have your win, although I wouldn't count on an 8-0 (lol). I'm fearing a one goal game.

Some interesting stats about these teams and the playoffs:

• Of the 21 series in which the Bruins took a 3-2 lead following game 5, this is the 12th in which they have been extended to seven games and they are 7-4 in their previous 11.
  • The Bruins have a lifetime record of 9-10 in game 7s while the Canadiens enter tonight's game with a 13-8 record overall in 7th games.
  • Tonight's game is the 8th game 7 between MTL and BOS in their histories with Montreal holding a 5-2 advantage over Boston in previous contests.

:nhl:

I can see that considering Boston/Montreal have met the most times overall in the NHL playoffs - 32 times, with the Habs leading 23 games to Boston's 9.

The closest pairing under them has been Detroit/Leafs - meeting 23 times. Leafs 12 - Det. 11

3rd would be Montreal/Chicago - meeting 17 times. Mtl 12 - Chi 5

God bless you mes brahs.

No Markov? No Gorges? Taking the series to OT in the seventh game was an unexpected treat this year. The elation I felt from:

1) bring up 2-0

2) tying the series at 3-3

3) PK tying the game with a minute left last night

...brought back glorious feelings from last years run.

Buuut, FACK how it hurts today though. 3 OT losses? Tough way to go. Ah well, next year, next year.

God bless you mes brahs.

P.S. Thanks for not getting swept, GFY Sloth.

Edited by Guest

That was a great series. OT Game 7 Playoff hockey? Fuck yeah!

The second round has a lot to live up to after that killer first round.

Check out this blow-hard after the game was over. What a tool.

and he's made these ridiculous statements before too!

Big congrats to Carey Price. He was the Habs MVP for sure. Montreal fans can say "Halak who?" now and know that Carey can pull his weight in the playoffs no prob.

God bless you mes brahs.

No Markov? No Gorges? Taking the series to OT in the seventh game was an unexpected treat this year. The elation I felt from:

1) bring up 2-0

2) tying the series at 3-3

3) PK tying the game with a minute left last night

...brought back glorious feelings from last years run.

Buuut, FACK how it hurts today though. 3 OT losses? Tough way to go. Ah well, next year, next year.

God bless you mes brahs.

P.S. Thanks for not getting swept, GFY Sloth.

Congrats Esau, enjoy the rest of these playoffs and bests of luck to your boys.

But lets be serious Ollie. What happened last night was simple payback via the hockey Gods for one stupid fucking thing and one stupid fucking thing only.

I think I forgot to breathe for most of the third period last night until Kelly took an idiot penalty. The brain damage is almost undetectable.