Jambands.ca

Ottawa Jazzfest 2013 Lineup

RobL

• 3 weeks later...

Here's what interests me for tonight, Thursday, June 20:

Ken Vandermark & Joe McPhee Duo: heavy improvised jazz by two of the best in the business; NAC 4th Stage, 6pm

Lean Left: "a positively apocalyptic quartet: an elemental musical force featuring Grade A international players zoning in and scrambling together rock, jazz, noise and blistering free improv into a highly-charged onstage assault, each member taking their sound to the edge"; NAC 4th Stage, 8pm. (Lean Left also has Ken Vandermark in it.)

Dr. John & The Nite Trippers: a legend of New Orleans music; Confederation Park, 9pm.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

I unexpectedly have to be out of town from Monday through the end of the festival. I reluctantly have to sell my two passes, from Monday June 24 to the end of the festival. I'd like to get between $80-$100 for each of the passes. If you or anyone you know needs a pass for that week of the festival, please let me know.

This is worth checking out:

MAYLEEMERCweb41_zpsa0600a4c.jpg

Ottawa International Jazz Festival is proud to present...

Maylee Todd live @ Mercury Lounge

Doors at 10pm

Show at 10:30pm

with Resident LAnce Baptiste

Maylee Todd is a dynamic and multi-faceted artist, based in Toronto. Her creativity derives its inspiration from a wide range of artistic disciplines: songwriting, production, film, performance art, and design. Maylee’s music combines organic and electronic forms, including elements of boogie, bossa, space funk, psychedelia and soul. She is truly a free spirit who brings all of these seemingly disparate influences into honest, soulful, harmonious yet uncompromising vibrations.

Friday, June 28 has a few acts that interest me. The first is The Craig Pedersen Quartet, on the OLG Stage at noon, which is a free show. (There are live recordings of them here.)

This evening, I'm looking to check out Larry Goldings/Peter Bernstein/Bill Stewart in the NAC Studio at 7:00pm first, then The Bad Plus on the main stage at 8:30pm. What, if anything, is left of me after that will probably go to The Herbalizer on the OLG Stage at 10:15pm.

Aloha,

Brad