Jambands.ca

GD50 Santa Clara - off limits to Velvet thread

Jay Funk Dawg

Gotta love the 'haven't listened to GD-related bands or music in over a decade but I am going to give it my all over the next few shows because its the Treyful Dead" crowd and then watch them bitch about band members who are in their 70's for not being on par with being in the spotlight as much as they think they should be even though they don't regularly tour or play.

Well done, super-Phanz.

::waitsforthedefensivefuckwadtoremindeveryonethatBobWeirisonly67::

Having said all that, how are the shows? I was deep in the bush all weekend while 2 sheets to the wave to the wind. I hope Punch You In The Eyes Of The World was good! By the way, is that above Bucket Youtube supposed to showcase Trey and shut the naysayers up or is it supposed to give them fuel for their fire? Someone please tell me because I cant figure it out on my own.

Gotta love the 'haven't listened to GD-related bands or music in over a decade but I am going to give it my all over the next few shows because its the Treyful Dead" crowd and then watch them bitch about band members who are in their 70's for not being on par with being in the spotlight as much as they think they should be even though they don't regularly tour or play.

They could have set aside their differences for the multi million dollar pay day and practiced. Together.

Yup. That certainly speaks to me DaveO

"This gig is so easy, I can play with one hand while holding a convo with you Bruccccccce. Did I ever tell you that I personally know a Christian who met a goddess resembling Shiva during a bout of ego death. "

I heard that Trey Bobby and Phil used the following to mimic the drummers whenever they got together to practice

07-knot-shoe-dryer.jpg

I thought they didn't practice with the drummers? Your picture shows how to dry shoes in a drier without the tumbling noise. I am so confused.

Hahahahaa. Post.Of.The.Year.

So anyways..........I am listening to that Youtube-y second set from last night posted earlier. Half-Step > Wharf Rat is great stuff, all things considered. I heard little bits from the first night and I gotta say that I didnt expect things to go this well. Obviously you are going to have some things go rather poorly, like harmonies with this group of vagabonds but Phil and Trey are fucking killing it together while I am really enjoying some of the stuff Bobby has layered between them. In all honesty, this is far better than I would have ventured to guess upon. No idea how anyone could complain to be honest but then again, I have only heard a small sample size. Really happy Gord was at these shows and that Velvet/Phorbs/RobL/ChrisP/JamieLeeBall and others will be seeing Chicago shows. Have too much fun! !!!!!!

Dare I suggest that Trey helped Phil get his shit back together in 1999 and now Phil is returning the favour 16 years later?

Hahaha. I'll leave that bullshit debate to others.

Phil and Trey are fucking killing it together while I am really enjoying some of the stuff Bobby has layered between them.

I totally agree with you there. I really can't say enough about how impressed I am with the job that Trey is doing. he came prepared. The tone of his guitars is simply awe inspiring and it's really neat to hear him play them in this context. His solos have been fresh and original. i can see that Phil is really enjoying them too.

By next weekend some of the little kinks will be worked out and I think they will have a killer weekend in Chicago.

I think that Hornsby has been really solid too and really enjoyed his vocals. Maybe it's just the feeds that I had but I'd like to hear more Chementi in the mix. I'm looking forward to hearing the Chicago shows through the PA at my party as opposed to the ear buds.

"I think that Hornsby has been really solid too"

Fuck me, perhaps he has been but I really only know the 2nd set of the 2nd show in Santa Clara thanks to said Yoube-y clip but I am NOT hearing Hornsby at all. Tinkles. I am hearing Chimenti on the B3 from time to time but that's it from the keys.

I cannot comment on his playing.