Jambands.ca

Cityfolk 2016

phorbesie

22 minutes ago, Northern Wish said:

is there anything other 'new country' (I'm sure that is not what the straw hat kids are calling it) on that lineup?

is that what these acts are? I haven't even heard of them. Plants and Animals and the Dropkick Murphys looks like a good night. otherwise, there's nothing there. well, Basia Bulat, but that's about it. 

For the first time in recent memory I won't be getting a pass for one of (what I consider to be) the big three local festivals.  Just for fun I checked prices for a pass today, it said they started at $89 but the one I had in my cart was $100 + $15 + $3.50.  If the full festival passport was $30 I would still probably not buy one.  There are perhaps three acts that I have a marginal interest in and zero acts that I am actually interested to see.

Hopefully there is a big demographic that is excited about the lineup.  

On 15 June, 2016 at 0:02 AM, phorbesie said:

I feel old

My thoughts exactly. I had to Google all three headliners (Jesus) and it would seem that none of them had much of a career before 2013. I don't feel quite as lame, in that case, given how hyper-contemporary they are. It's not like they've been established for a decade and my head is completely in the sand. There are some bands I enjoy on the undercard (Dropkick, Lake Street Dive and Fruition among them) but I may well skip it entirely. It's too bad, as I had been looking forward to the lineup dropping, but God bless 'em. Hopefully the turnout is killer and there will be more of my thing (or our thing, judging by the other comments) next year.

1 minute ago, Hartamophone said:

...I had been looking forward to the lineup dropping, but God bless 'em. Hopefully the turnout is killer and there will be more of my thing (or our thing, judging by the other comments) next year.

Agreed.  I think I'll check out Dropkick Murphys from the hill outside the venue.  That'll be appropriately punk-rock of me.