Jambands.ca

Great quote

Northern Wish

Not directly related. But my favorite quote to have been created in front of my very eyes.....

On Fall 98 tour in a hotel in Cincinatti, six of us shroomed out trying to order pizza from Papa Johns. As we order a large with ham, sausage, pepperoni, and bacon.... my friend burst onto the phone and bellows:

"You shouldn't be allowed to sell us that. It is WAY TOO MUCH pork product."

Maybe not as funny years later, but I thought I would share. If only our indulgences didn't prevent us from remembering all of those moments when people spontaneously fall to the floor in hysterics and tears......

Bring back Phish! grin.gif" border="0

Lisa: No I can't! I can't eat any of them!

Homer: Wait a minute wait a minute wait a minute. Lisa honey, are you saying you're *never* going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?

Lisa: No.

Homer: Ham?

Lisa: No.

Homer: Pork chops?

Lisa: Dad! Those all come from the same animal!

Homer: [Chuckles] Yeah, right Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.

I had a similarly funny hotel quote from the Holiday Inn across the street from the Rosemount Horizon Halloween '95. The Canadian kids down all had stealthed some top drawer kind bud (Jack Herer, Friesland, CHEMO) and the Yanks in the room next to us were dying for more then a taste and all they had was some bad commersh. Anyways this guy whose name escapes me, after the dudes next door had called our room like 3 or 4 times, says 'their weed smells like pooh'. Actually it was the way he said it, anyways I remember worrying in my acid crazed mind that I wouldn't be able to remember everything that went down at the concert because this guy had me howling so hard.

Or after the 1st of a couple of dead shows in hamilton '92. we were wandering around looking for a way to spend the next few crazy buzzed out hours when we spot the All Night Psychedelic Film Fest.

Redneckgolfer approaches the box office to inquire further, eyes as big as saucers, "We're here for this....uummm... pyschedelic....ummm... thing", exploding into laughter before the poor bastard could figure out what he wanted.

Ah, SuperBowl parties.........

After spending the day getting SERIOUSLY sloshed and muddy, we decide we should watch the game. An hour into it, a friend calls and our good friend Brennan answers "What, we have a hockey game tonight? Well, tell them I aint gonna be making that one, I am fucking fried"

He figures he has escaped the wrath of 'the man' and goes back to smoking massive bowls and watching his bottle of whiskey slowly disappear. Another couple of hours roll by and 'the man' calls. Brennan is summoned to the phone. How in the world is he going to escape this one?

"Hello. No I wont be able to go. I am sorry that you are going to have to forfit."

A couple of more hums and hahs and he now delivers his reasoning for not making them game,

"Its just the way I am"

At least he didnt lie......... grin.gif" border="0

Concerning Jack Black's role in Shallow Hal...

"I was terrified by the prospect of meeting Gwyneth Paltrow, let alone playing her love interest. "

"I was afraid she'd want to date me after our film, like she did with Brad Pitt after they did Seven," he jokes conceding, "then I looked at her choice in men: Brad Pitt, Ben Affleck, Luke Wilson. They all have a studliness factor I lack."

and another one, this is from CatPhish sent to Davey-Boy a few months back. He had gone to see Nero, she was at home,good'n'drunk, so she decided to send him an email at his work address, just to brighten his day once he got there:

"well actaully good night sweet dreams. I felt drunk and it is last night.

here I am and no one is here..what do I do I don't know. I started looking

at flintstones website but that got dull so here i am. bla bla bla...hey

was'nt that a jepordy answer last night I do think so...yada yada dabbba

dabba doo and all those things people say when they don'tknow what to say.

Peope are crazy really...really they are .and I am gald that I am I and you

are you becuase people are crazy...you know what I mean."