Jambands.ca

Check 1-2

Hi there,

just wanted to introduce myself to this board. My name is Derrick and I manage a Toronto based funk/groove-rock band called Circulate.

Just wanted to say hi to everyone who uses this board and hope that you guys and gals will all check out Circulate when they play your town.

Please let us know of your shows and we'll try to make them. Email the band at band@circulate.ca.

Look forward to speaking with you all on this board!!

Hey thanks for the warm greeting and the interest in Circulate!

Circulate is a funk/groove-rock band. They have a similar sound to Jamiroquai, but are influenced by Sublime, Esthero, Phillosopher Kings and the Police.

You can check out their website at http://www.circulate.ca they have a few live tracks for downloading. If you join their website, you can download some studio recordings plus additional live material.

Here's a track:

http://www.circulate.ca/music/circulate_pocket_change.mp3

Take care!

Circulate is hoping to make it to Ottawa some time in May. Nothing is booked yet though.

For Toronto, they have a few shows booked.

Friday March 28th - nia@C'est What. They're playing with another really funky band called Slim. Cover is $10. They hit the stage at 9:30 sharp!

Saturday April 19th - Third Floor Reilly's. Line-up is still being confirmed, but so far they are playing alongside of the Kinetics. The Kinetics are a serious groove band. Cover is $5.

They also have a show in Kitchener on Saturday April 12th at the Circus Room.

Thanks for the interest you're all showing!

Welcome to the Sanctuary; it's always nice to have more members, and more musician members.

I downloaded the live MP3s; nice to hear somebody do "Love Rears Up Its Ugly Head" (I'm a big Living Colour fan from 'way back).

One question: what's Circulate's policy on audience taping? I couldn't find anything on the website.

Hoping you make it to Ottawa,

Brad

Okay - well thanks to Mike Bouchard, Circulate will be playing in Ottawa on May 8th at Cafe Deckuf. Hope to see you guys there! Please introduce yourselves to me (I'll be the guy with the merch) and to the band too!

As for taping. Circulate does not really have a fixed policy on taping. As long as they can have a copy of the recording for the website (they love posting live tracks, regardless of the sound quality), they'll probably be fine with it.

As their Manager, I don't have a problem with it.

Great! We're looking forward to checking out the Ottawa scene!!

Archived