Jambands.ca

Call the opener

Akron

So the boys played at a weddin in Boston (typical!), and some reasonably decent rumors are beginning to surface as to possible return dates.

Where will the first show be? What will they open with? I'm callin Vancouver, Sept/2002, with a "Wedge" opener. See ya there. rolleyes.gif" border="0

as cool as it would be to call it, i think it would be far more magical to let it be a total suprise.

i kinda hope (but toally dread the idea)that when phish gets back together, they'll sound very different. A totally new approach to their jams...i think it could end up being way mroe ambient/atmospheric most of the time...playing with sound and lights and textures a lot mroe than they already do...I think it was Steve Gaw that put it perfectly when he said 'they take you back to when you were 6 years old' - I think it'll be a bit closer to highschool when you were dabbling in acid...or the extacy of lust. I hope they shock us with their sound - and it's hard to shock heads when it comes to music(not lyrics - even then...)

quote:

Originally posted by h:

barrymores? ick - how about nepean point? thats a better venue

Sorry h,

I gotta go with the monkey, Barrymores is legendary. I saw U2 there in the eighties, the Hip before "Up to Here" came out. Great venue, with great memories.

I'll see you at the Oak for pints before the show!

I know it's only a matter of time before the boyz get back on the road and I'm hoping for a Fall 2002 run starting on the West coast since that is where I will be. As awesome as it would be for them to come out with a bang and bring out one of the golden oldies I think it will be something a little more symbolic. Maybe a super groovy "Back on the Train".....Once they're back hopefully they'll never look back again and they will keep the magic going for years to come!!!!tongue.gif" border="0