Jambands.ca

Master of Puppets

backbacon

The first ever Jam song that rocked my soul was Orion (track 7 Master of Puppets) This song was my favorite song in the world from 1986 thru Osweego N.Y. (where everything changed) I find it so interesting to think about that song now, all the reason it appealed to me are so obvious now, but I had no idea then.... is this what they call wisdom?

I still listen to that tune. An incredibly heavy, 8 minute instrumental decent into maddness. I'm telling you, if you haven't heard this tune, go Kazaa that MoFo right now! While it is downloading, get really high and a pair of earphones, strap yourself in and take that trip!

I enjoyed Metallica too. They opened the doors to punk rock for me just before the whole grunge thing hit. I find it interesting that way back in the day they allowed tapers at their shows. Now not only do they produce some of my least favrorite music and they also stand against the sharing of music.

ah ha backbacon - i believe i misunderstood your first post, i didnt realize you were a closet fan! haha

hmm. ok next question how many times if any have any of you seen metallica - i'm like 6 since the 80s last time being like 5 or 7 years ago i guess...

there is NOTHING like watching from above to see a whole writhing and running audience stop everything and begin to chant DIE! --- DIE! ---- DIE! ---- DIE! for a full 5 minutes while security stop stare and turn pale

fuck h, just reading that DIE DIE DIE bit there has me all pumped up. Creeping Death!! I only saw them once. It was with GNR (puke). I called my buddy the next day to see if he would go to the next one with me. He said no and I was SERIOUSLY angry. That is when I knew I was a concert junkie.

I couldn't move my neck for three days after that show!!!

I have seen Metallica 6 times.....

That creeping death chant is killer... thanks for reminding me H !!

How about when Lars runs from one drum kit to the other during the 4 Horsemen...... he makes it just in time to come back in with the rest of the band.....

to bad they all turned out to be such a bunch of putz's

I saw Metallica on my 20th birthday... Man what a show.... it was actually lolapalooza and I got to see the violent fems, the ramones, sound garden and metallica... I was toasted, really really toasted that day...

Love Master of Puppets and And Justice for All and still pull out those two albums from time to time...

Just hafta chime in on this one....

I've seen Metallica 8 times... first time

in '88 in Buffalo on Monsters of Rock tour.

Metallica played in Ottawa at the civic center

in 1984 with WASP. I missed that show because of an exam the next day! Kicked myself for years about that one!

Now I just wish Metallica would go away... they haven't written a decent song since 1991. Oh wait a sec, they have gone away.

Yup, i used to be a huge fan too [smile] Though, I gave my whole collection of discs, garage through the black album to my best bud, who had all of his stolen.

I don't know which album I liked the best. Justice was pretty killer. I remember the cops coming to my house one summer afternoon after multiple complaints from neighbors....we hung both of my speakers out of my second floor bedroom window and turned up the volume as loud as it would go. we then took turns riding our bikes down the street to see how far the "goodness" could be heard:) It could be heard up and down the street....

That Burton base solo was pretty amazing too.

ahh hhaaa, all you closet leather wearers... i thought so... -

doggie, i think i saw that show - i loved the violent femmes!

was it raining that day? or am i thinking of another show? (Saw the ramones a few times, once at barrymores)

i didnt see the 84 tour, that year i remember seeing culture club, cyndi lauper and U2 ha ha! u2 was a wicked show, i wasn't up for wasp yet i dont think!

i did see the gnr show - appetite for destruction was fun that first summer - that and beastie boys i remember were quite big with us. [Wink]

bb: lars was a putz from day 2 - hetfield i still never decided about, the guitarist is a girl and the others dont rate an opinion [Wink]

ok sorry, i'm a total nostalgia sucker, sorry for running off on this !

Third concert ever..... Guns N Roses/ Metallica/ Faith No More CNE Stadium Sept 1992.

Metallica rocked my world even though I was definitely more into the Gunners at the time.

One of my favorite oddities is Orchestra Metallica (not to be confused with Metallica w/Orchestra) I don't know the real name but I'd love to try and find it again. Anybody?

I had tickets to see GNR/Metallica in Toronto one year.. It would've been my first concert and I was still a youngin'. Then the night before the big show, they played in Montreal and there was that riot (this is when James Hetfield burnt himself and then Axl had a hissy fit and left the stage, so both bands barely even played) and then my Mom made me return the tickets!! Damnit! [big Grin]

Then a while later I saw GnFnR at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton.. My first concert ever! It rocked my world. Brian May Band opened. Oh yeah, and Axl gave everyone the finger and left the stage in the middle of singing the last song cause someone chucked a bottle at him. hehe.

Oh and H, the show I saw was in Barry and there was no rain at all... One of the hottest fucking days of the summer! I was quite ill by the end of this show... Everyone I was with was feeling the effects of the sun... That's what you get when you start drinkin pitchers at 9:00am in some biker bar in Barry... Good times none the less...