Jambands.ca

I got a job!

Freak By Night

Hey pholks! Well after my 2nd 9-month bout of unemployement, I finally got a job with a small company. I'll be the IT guy for a small manufacturing firm here in Ottawa! I'll also be writing their manuals and brochures. I start on Monday. That means I'll be able to go to JAMBAND THURSDAZE at the Dekcuf more often! Woohoo!

The only thing about this company is they don't want anybody having internet access. I guess that means I'll have to to work instead of checking out the Sanctuary all day - which may be the reason I was let go from my previous job!

Congrats FBN!

I was unemployed for 6 months and it was brutal. Even now, with the job I have, it's still brutal. Hours are being cut every week, and even when I do get good hours, I never want to go in!!! So I still consider myself unemployed....in my field of choice anyhow. I'll have to find something new in the next couple of months, otherwise my summer is going to be very boring! I was even thinking about going back to school...part time anyway. Maybe correspondence. I dunno. I figure that I'm just going through that "what the hell am I doing" stage of my career life. I'll just ride it through and figure it out eventually.

Right on man, I also just got a job today. I've been unemployed since November 2001 doing only small jobs here and there so it'll be nice to get back into a routine, but I will miss Maury! I also just signed on as promo director for the Ben Harper and Allman Brothers show. Bling Bling!!!

Congrats Freak! It'll be great to see you more often.

I can't imagine being an IT guy without the Internet as a resource though. I'd be completely lost without that big giant learning machine. I wouldn't know what I'd do if I couldn't look up meanings to words, or interesting catch-phrases for a manual.

Archived