Jambands.ca

Roll call: Sneakers, Butterlies and Zebras, organix

bouche

This Thursday at Cafe Dekcuf is going to be Amaaaaazing.

It's all groovin', jazzy, housey, trippy, chillin', given'er music all night.

Locals Organix are new to Cafe Dekcuf as were [b'>Butterflies and Zebras at their last show who are back to nail another night of trip-jams.

Sneakers are trucking in from Ottawa to give you a taste of their solid pulse and their familiarity of musical modes.

Jarrod, bassist of Sneakers dropped off some mp3's for you to check out.

There's also a sampling of Butterflies and Zebra's to have a listen to right here.

Ronnie`s a trooper:

"And though he stared death in the face it doesn't seem to have changed his live-every-day-as-your-last philosophy, other than sparking up some old bad habits.

"What happened was, I just tripled up on everything when I thought I only had six months to live," he said, after drawing on a Player's cigarette. "Now I've got to quit everything again." "

.....hey guys, it looks like someone has forgotten their 45 gallon stetson.....hmmm....it's black, and the only discernable markings IS A HUGE FUCKING WHITE HAWK - I WONDER WHO'S HAT IT COULD BE?!?!?!?!?

[Mad] (fucking Hawkins...)

Where's that dr.huxtable bass player at? Make sure he shows up tonight! I think he'll really get into the music.

Organix Compare themselves to St.Germaine.

I tried downloading some tracks from St.Germaine's website, but the downloads didn't work.

Anyone have any links to that.

Look at you two panzies.........

I am going to go find the Hawk, and have him read this. Then, I am going to bring him to the Deckuf, fill him full of whiskey and watch him kick your primadona asses.

AT THE SAME TIME!

Give a boy a mic, and he thinks he is a man.

Yikes! What a night!

Organix put on a great show. The grooves reminded me of stuff from top NYC session musicians in the '70s, let loose from doing blacksploitation soundtracks and just letting loose.

B&Z put on an even better show than they did last time at Dekcuf. It was great meat for the sandwich.

Gad. Sneakers. Words fail me. I've got "Humpty Dance" stuck in my head.

Those who weren't there won't understand. Those who were, were blown away.

Aloha,

Brad

Organix were awesome, unfortunately I just didn't have enough energy for the rest of the evening ... I really hated having to miss Sneakers and Butterflies & Zebras, but I just wasn't feeling well.

Rob Not Bob

NP : The Beatles - Anthology 2

"And everybody spoke and I went into a dream ... oh shit ..."

Archived