Jambands.ca

Why is the fall quiet concert wise this year?

shainhouse

quote:

New Deal, SCI, moe, Oysterhead, Herbie Hancock, Burt Nielson, Denson, Keller, Charlie Hunter, Elton John and Branford Marsalis.

SCI was a good showing, and i can't say about ND or HH or even EJ cause i wasn't there, BUT Moe, Densen, Keller, Hunter, and especially Oysterhead were all DEAD. no attendees. Oysterhead tix were going out front for around 10-15 dollars max. At least not enuff to entice them to come north with location, tax, and exchange.

quote:

Originally posted by secondtube:

and especially Oysterhead were all DEAD. no attendees.

[Confused] I thought saw plenty of people at the Oysterhead show last year at Massey...

And to be fair, as far as concerts in TO this year so far and coming up you've got The Who, The Stones, Springsteen, Rush, Yes, Peter Gabriel and Ani DiFranco, and that's only theatre and larger shows that I'm interested in, totally off the top of my head.

Whatever you think of those particular acts vs. some of the ones from last year is up to you, but personally I'd take any of 'em over Elton John! [Wink]

Peace,

Mr. M.

I'm excited about Tuesday's concert at the Silver Dollar: The Immortal Lee County Killers. This is scarey blues. Think Muddy Waters meets Sid Vicious. Another band I'm dying to see is The Soundtrack Of Our Lives at the Opera House, Nov. 2. This Swede band is bringing Stooges/Kinks/Who style music back to the present, where it always belongs.

Has anyone heard of Mooney Suzuki? They played at Lee's Palace (I think) on Tuesday or Wednesday.. Would've liked to go to that one. Check out The Silver Hearts at the Rivoli on a Sunday night if you get the chance. They're playing tonight here in Hamilton with Cuff The Duke which'll be really good.

Its reading week at Trent now so I'm home in the Hammer for a bit. I've got a pretty good week lined up so far:

Tonight: Silver Hearts & Cuff The Duke in Hammy

Tues: possibly Fat Cats in Hamilton

Wed: GTB in Hamilton

Thurs: Jimmy Swift in Guelph

Friday: Lou Barlow in Hamilton!!!

Thats about it. Trey is in Utica on Friday but I've savin' my dollars for The Show.

Steve - yup!! I lucked out on PTBM. Still can't believe it! Me, Andrew Downey, Brandos and this dude from Peterborough (Ian) are going. [Eek!] As the icing on the cake, we also scored tickets to a Conan O'Brien taping on January 1st. hehe. Sorry to everyone who isn't able to go.. I haven't really talked about it on here cause I know that nearly everyone got shut out, and I don't want to gloat. On the other hand, summer isn't far away either!

Do it Shain!! Hope to finally meet ya on Wednesday. [smile]

Also, for anyone who may be interested... I bought my Lou Barlow ticket on Saturday night (at The Underground in Hamilton) and they said tix are almost sold out. $10.

Fall's been far from quiet up here in montreal.

We had Rush and GTB this weekend, and would have had Spearhead last night, but a few of their shows got cancelled last week for some reason.

Tomorrow I'll be hitting Trey, followed by Beck and the Flaming lips on Saturday and a Lou Barlow solo show on Monday.

Then with Ken Vandermark, Martin Sexton, Dan Bern, The Slip, Nero, Peter Gabriel here in November, and Moe., Keller Williams, Galactic, and DJ Logic/Rob Wasserman highlighting Higher Ground's Nov. schedule, I'll have more shows than bux, by a long shot.

quote:

Originally posted by secondtube:

SCI was a good showing, and i can't say about ND or HH or even EJ cause i wasn't there, BUT Moe, Densen, Keller, Hunter, and especially Oysterhead were all DEAD. no attendees. Oysterhead tix were going out front for around 10-15 dollars max. At least not enuff to entice them to come north with location, tax, and exchange.

That doesn't make sense. Oysterhead's not currently touring, so they wouldn't be playing in Canada anyway. That $10-15 you're talking about was people trying to get rid of extra tickets they had bought. The band doesn't care about that. Massey Hall was jam packed for that show, I don't know how you could say there were "no attendees"