Jambands.ca

Tour Opener setlist

Chewie

here it is kids...see ya in pitt!

11/14/02 Civic Center - Roanoke, VA

Set 1: St. Stephen > The Wheel > Cassidy, Broken Arrow > Playin in the Band > The Other One Jam > China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider

Set 2: Space/Drums > Help on the Way > Slipknot > Franklin's Tower, Caution, Viola Lee Blues > Hell in a Bucket > Viola Lee Blues > Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad > Viola Lee Blues > Playin' In The Band Reprise, Box of Rain, E: Only the Strange Remain

Obivously, Phil had MAJOR pull putting that setlist together last night (dont even try to deny it DrH, I wont respond to anything that states otherwise)

Here is my question:

Do you think they will alternate setlists between Bobby and Phil'l ideas?

Or

Is this tour going to be about Phil making the bunch of the calls?

WOW WOW WOW ... I'm liking the look of that setlist and all of the > > > > > >'s that I see!!!

I think that Bobby will be making more of the calls at some shows. In particular, I think that both the Albany and Detroit shows could be shows where Bobby makes more calls, simply because of the Saturday night factor. And I for one would love to hear a monster One More Saturday Night / Sugar Magnolia at the Detroit show.

This is getting pretty exciting! I was disappointed with the Toronto Phil show so I don't want to go to this one with my expectations running too high, but I definitely think that we are in for something special at this run of shows by TOO.

Peace, Mark

Unless the likes of the epic clunker "night of a thousand stars" makes it's way into any TOO setlist, I think it's fair to say that these GD tune setlists are not the particular work of any particular member of TOO....let's not get into it ok booche??

Well, if you are serious, I apologise profusely and will remove it if you want. Just let me know.

If, and if I know you like I think I do, you are kidding, har har har!

I couldnt help it, that line slayed me........I actually used Caution

I think that Bobby should open up with a new song I wrote in my head.

No Denying

In all serious-ness, dont take me so seriously if that stuff is freaking you out. Viola Madness Rules........this is just a message board.

Phil can pick em [Wink]

I love the idea of opening up a set with Drumz, BUT, I wouldnt mind seeing it in its old slot. I would love to see those 20 minute CRAZY light show no-nonsense poundings and kickings of their monster kit. SLAP THAT BEAM MICKEY!

From todays Roanoke (VA) Times:

"The living Dead sounded a lot like the old Dead. Guitarist and vocalist Bob Weir has assumed center stage, and he steered his comrades through a long, strange nostalgia trip that reached deep into the Dead catalog."

quote:

I think it's fair to say that these GD tune setlists are not the particular work of any particular member of TOO....let's not get into it ok booche??

Agreed. As a matter a fact, the setlist last night, other than for the Viola Lee, is virtually the same as the Ratdog show played in Royal Oak last fall. 12 of the same songs in that show.

It looks like they smoked last night. I for one, cannot wait 'till Albany. [big Grin][big Grin][big Grin]

Last night phil singing?: St. Stephen, Arrow, and BoR... any more? Not too shabby of a night i'd say. [Wink]