Jambands.ca

mark wilson appreciation thread

bokonon

the man rocks!

his band is so fun to see and hear

ctmf kicks ass, it is an undeniably good time and a staple event of the jamband scene in ontario.

he hosted that fundraiser for the ottawa people for free at his house!

the man is a giver, so give'r up for mark wilson and fuck the fuckers who are naysaying ctmf!

marks music rocks, i've never seen anyone put more soul or emotion into what they sing. he always has a smile and is a cool guy to be around.

and no one was naysaying ctmf I was simply stating my dissiopintment in the line up, witch has nothing to do with mark as a person and more to do with what bands were available i guess

I have much respect for Mark and the work he puts into ctmf. Since I've been in Hamilton I have heard counless stories (and I mean countless) of the good times people have had at his shows. As well he's a great singer and wicked soundman, if he would just clear out his answering machine messages so somebody can leave a message I would have no complaints about him at all.well sometimes he' s bit late,

and there was that time he wouild'nt put me on the guestlist

and his van sucks, and I liked his hair better when it was a big fro. ok, I have siome complaints but this isn't a Mark Wilson complaint thread that already happened so I just wanted to say Mark's cool.

and that he's playing Pepper Jack's this Thursday, check him out.

I don't think I have ever officially met Mark. I think that he may know my face and I have talked to him, but I haven't had the distinct pleasure of really meeting him.

Despite that, I know he's got a heart of gold, and plenty of brilliance to share both musically and spiritually.

I love his taste in music! His performances are unmatched and I sure would like to see more.

I don't think I have ever officially met Mark. I think that he may know my face and I have talked to him, but I haven't had the distinct pleasure of really meeting him.

Bouche, didn't you, me, Jeff and Mark have a long chat sidestage at May CTMF last year? I think it was either right before or right after Diesel Dog.

Anyway, yes cheers indeed to Mark - notwithstanding the fact that he hasn't returned any of my calls lately - hint hin if you're reading this Mr. Wilson! :P But seriously, he does a fine job of CTMF and he's an extremely talented singer and guitarist to book. Hope to see you again soon my friend.

Peace,

- Mr. M.

Mark Wilson as a musician ... the man has an incredible voice, one that makes me shiver at times when I hear it. He sings from the soul.

Mark Wilson as a promoter ... one of the key reasons why we have a "jam music scene" in Southern Ontario. He ran the first Come Together Music Festival 5 years ago, and has poured countless hours into each festival since then. And in case people don't realize it, promoting any live music event, especially a festival, requires a substantial amount of risk. Mark has taken the risks and put in the work to build something that we all get to enjoy. Not to mention all of the other shows that he has put on.

Mark Wilson as a friend ... personally, if it wasn't for Mark, I don't know if I would be involved in the jam music scene to the extent that I am. It was after meeting Mark early in 2001 that I decided to get involved (again) in grassroots live music experiences. I cannot begin to express how enriched my life has become through this whole community. That's a topic for another thread. Mark is a good friend of mine - he's stayed at my house, met my wife Liana and my children, and we've talked and dreamed together about many things. Mark is somebody that I trust to come through when it really counts.

Peace, love and hugs to Mark Wilson from Mark Tonin

Mark Wilson is a great guy, one of the kindest people I've met in the scene. Mark does have a nice voice when he sings, and although there will be lots of complaints about the line up for May 24 CTMF, it's better to get everything started on the right foot, fix all the gliches, then bring in some bigger talent... There's still one more CTMF this year after the May 24... Who knows what he's got planned for that one... Cheers to Mark Wilson, for all he's done, and is still doing to help promote this canjam scene... I'll raise a "pop" to you now... Cheers