Jambands.ca

Leafs and Sens - Let the trash talk commence!

PhishyK

I think the Ottawa media is disgusting. It just came out that an Ottawa Media Outlet made up the story that Tie Domi is a wife beater. Domi and the leafs will be fileing a law suit against this media outlet. I personally feel the media in Ottawa is terrible bringing leafs UNTRUE presonal lives in this series. Also I dont really think the media should be making shirts/posters that say Leafs Suck...why dont they instead cheer on there own team. Do the sens and their fans fell that inferior to toronto and the maple leafs. I believe so. It seems all of Canada hates toronto and feels inferior to their large population.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, i here u ollie...I am actually from toronto but go to school in Ottawa..live there during the summer and I dont like it nearly as much as Ottawa. Its just some people I have met and some people I have talked to. I know not everyone feels that way. Its just some people and I definitly dont think it was very smart for the radio station to make accusitions like that. Im sure all the leafs and Sens are great people off the ice.

Dandy is a fackin' idiot. We have listened to him on many a drive home.

I hope Domi does sue him.

When people call up, and 'debate' him, he will berate them for not listening to his points, but it is HIM that isnt listening for the most part. He drives me nuts.

Yeah, I hate the whole City A vs. City B mentality. When I lived in TO and told people I was from Ottawa I'd hear all about how Ottawa sucks. When I'd visit my friends back in Ottawa I'd hear the same thing about Toronto. Drove me fucking nuts.

As usual it's not about "Go Sens Go" it's gotta be "Leafs Suck." It's called Penis Envy or inferiority complex if you will:

"An unrealistic feeling of general inadequacy caused by actual or supposed inferiority in one sphere, sometimes marked by aggressive behaviour in compensation."

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/News/2004/04/07/411709.html

And I say "GO LEAF'S GO!!!"

That's all fine and dandy and hopefully it will make you feel better about yourselves, but I am a Toronto fan living in TORONTO, therefore I guess I am allowed to cheer for them. I will tell my friends who don't live here in Toronto that they can't cheer for them because it might hurt other cities feelings though.

The reason why people hate the toronto maple leafs and their fans is because the leafs are CANADAS TEAM. Reasons for this, at other cities arenas in Canada their is always more leafs fans then the other teams and the tv ratings show that the majority of people in Canada would rather watch a leafs game, therefore the majority of teh country likes the leafs and therefore the are Canadas team. Oh ya I feel bad for the sens so maybe i dont hate them, i mean did anyone see last game in Ottawa...I was there and i saw blue and white every in the stands and constant go leafs go chants!! maybe all Canadian teams should relocate to Toronto because toronto seems to be the only finacially sound team! and oh ya GO LEAFS GO!!

"Do you think," a colleague once asked Freud, "that a man's self-image is dependent on the size of his penis?"

"It is quite the opposite," said the great shrink. "The size of his penis depends on his self-image."

I'm not sure what that means, but I have checked and the CN Tower is 553 metres high, the Peace Tower just 92 metres.

LOL, that's some good shit. This battle is getting pretty heated. If Ottawa wins, their city is going to go nuts and parade around like they're the cream of the crop. If they lose, they'll never be respected again. It's a defining moment not just for the Sens, but for the city of Ottawa.

One thing for sure, Domi is going to come out ON FIRE in Game #1. He's a heckuva nice guy and sure won't take too kindly to the stupidity from that radio host.

I'm not a leafs or sens fan myself but I find this sorta out there.

So why do they do it? What prompts someone to cheer against their home team? Well, here is my list of why I think they do it:

1.The Stockholm Syndrome

2.The Inferiority Complex

3.Feelings of Inadequacy

4.Money and Power

5.Inability to Learn

I would apply all those reasons to this guy also and like to add to it:

6.Takes it way too seriously.

Maybe Ottawa-based Leaf fans can’t learn anything new? They certainly are fanatic enough.

Does he mean "fanatic" like writing 25+ paragraphs about his distain & cofusion for/about folks who cheer for the leafs in Ottawa?

jonathan.jpg

Good ol' Stan could probally still knock the hell out of most players today.Lives about 20 miutes from here in Ohsweken.Met him once but I never bothered with a autograph..seemed to kid like for me,a handshake was more then a honour for me.