Jambands.ca

New Trey disc???

c-towns

But this, this Seis de Mayo, what is this, then? Since none of you are raising your hands, I'll raise mine. It is a disc of tapas-sized appetizers, anchored with one considerably grand main course. It is a trial-sized disc of ideas grounded with one polished headpiece. If you're a Phish geek like myself you will appreciate the alternate-versions while also appreciating Trey's alternate vision. But it's not the disc you were waiting for. That one is yet to come.

I finally listened to "Seis De Mayo" today at work and it is interesting. The album (if you can call it that) which I picked up at Sunrise (Willy) for $25.29 after taxes, should be sold as an EP not an LP. I say this because it's total length is only 29:01! Though Trey's debut in 1998 "One Man's Trash" was a very short 32:05. But "Trash" was only released via mail order, because it wasn't intended to go on record shelves. Trey's real debut "Trey Anastasio" is timed in at 59:21, which is a nice length for any album.

Now Trey has every right to release whatever he wants. Just don't over charge your Phans. The Flaming Lips for example last two EP's were clocked in at 32:45 for "Fight Test" and 33:12 for "Ego Tripping At The Gates Of Hell". They were both priced at $10:99 and were both longer than Trey's "Seis De Mayo" which was $21.99. Enough of that.

After hearing this "album" it sounds like it will not be long until Trey is doing the score for a motion picture. If they ever re-make "The Outlaw of Josie Wales" perhaps? Or maybe a movie about a pig like a third installment of "Babe".

All in all "Seis De Mayo" is a nice listen for a Sunday morning or a rainy day.

Well, I found it at a CD Warehouse store in Newmarket. They were asking $17.99 for it and then gave me a scratch and win card when I got to the cash. I scratched $2 so I got the CD for $15.99 I gave it a couple of listens on the drive home. It's solid as you'd expect. At times, it is so much like a movie soundtrack that it left me creating the scenes in my head as I drove. I'm not sure it will stay in regular rotation but it definitely needs a couple of listens on the living room stereo before I can say for sure.

Did you know that Vancouver has the cheapest CD prices in North America? (It might even be in the world.) I remember coming back here for a visit once when I was living out there and I stopped to buy some CDs since I wasn't in town much. I walked out with 14 CDs and my total price was just over $140. Amazing.

Did you know that Vancouver has the cheapest CD prices in North America? (It might even be in the world.) I remember coming back here for a visit once when I was living out there and I stopped to buy some CDs since I wasn't in town much. I walked out with 14 CDs and my total price was just over $140. Amazing.

CannedBeats is gonna crap his pants!