Jambands.ca

Mr. Something Something - Wednesday's

CyberHippie

how can i make a decision today?

see, its wednesday, where i wake up, loiter around the house for a while, go to work, 2-10, go to silver dollar, get high, see bluegrass, lose brain.

now, there's a choice?

::

im gonna have to get back to ya on this.

The best plan in this kind of situation is to alternate: bluegrass one week, afro-funk the next. (You can even deal with "backfill", by doing exclusively afro-funk until the # of afro-funk shows you've been to equals the number of bluegrass shows you've been to, but this is an advanced technique.)

Aloha,

Brad

Brad - That's a very sound suggestion. While Crazy Strings are great, it's pretty much the same thing week after week. I imagine seeing mr. something something week after week would get kind of repetitive as well. Two options are better than one.

Dave - Sorry to add confusion to your routine... But I did think you should know about this, I just hope it doesn't cause your central processing unit to crash.

Jay - Doing well man. I'm getting re-energized by some of this great spring weather... The best thing is if you don't make it out tonight, there's always next week. What's going on this weekend that's keeping you so busy? I was thinking the Contact show Friday night could be a good one.

how can i make a decision today?

see, its wednesday, where i wake up, loiter around the house for a while, go to work, 2-10, go to silver dollar, get high, see bluegrass, lose brain.

now, there's a choice?

::

im gonna have to get back to ya on this.

The best plan in this kind of situation is to alternate: bluegrass one week, afro-funk the next. (You can even deal with "backfill", by doing exclusively afro-funk until the # of afro-funk shows you've been to equals the number of bluegrass shows you've been to, but this is an advanced technique.)

Aloha,

Brad

ah Brad, ever the voice of reason. however, bluegrass has been a weekly thing for me and my brain for 2 years, pretty much solid, so trying to even em out is gonna take a while. plus, ive seen the sumpinsumpins a bunch lately, with semi-regular toronto shows upcoming that AREN'T ON WEDNESDAY.

oh well, 12.5 hours to figure out this wee dilemma.

Oh dear... I seem to be having the same dilemma... bluegrass? afrofunk? bluegrass? afrofunk? Every week now is going to involve planning, not just a default trip to the dollar. Oh well, this week will be a Crazy Strings week for me at least. Maybe next week I'll venture down to Queen....

A wednesday trip to the t.dot may be in order.

Of course you should come down (and not just for late-night postering this time) The more the merrier!

I might hop between the two, now that I've got my bike back on the road. (Yeah right! With work the way it is this week, I'll be lucky to even make my usual ill-timed setbreak appearance at either show tonight)

Hopefully I'll make it (at least to the Dollar).