Jambands.ca

Lights At CTMF

Flipperbaby

I think that it would be a great idea to have a light show this year at cometogether. If it is too much for the promoter to do I think that the bands should donate a small portion of there pay in order to make this years May 24 and extravaganza of light and music. Who is with me?

Flip

FlipperBaby, I would rather not see it come out of the bands pockets, if possible. That's their livelihood.

Let the fans pay, and I surely would tack on an extra 5'er for lights.

Hell, make it 10!

But, yeah, I am with you man............

quote:

and this is coming from someone who doesn't play with hallucinogenics.

Is that sarcasm?

I'm up for funky given'r flashlight scene [big Grin][Eek!][Razz]

and/or why not lights??

considering some of the responses, perhaps selective lighting... maybe like half way through the headlining act just for some added fanciness (and secondtube and other's personal limitations)

well done light shows are an art form as well, if they are tasteful and in the groove of things... I don't see how it could hurt... its not a lot of lights, the fire and the general ambience will remain... its kind of like debating whether Angel the fire dancer shouldn't take away from the REAL show...

if it doesn't work... politely explain that to the dude doin it and shut it down...

just seems like another level of fun and free expression within a growing scene to me... another level... the person under consideration does lights for The New Deal and other jam shows to the best of my knowledge...

so long as it isn't coming down to economics... I'm sure with the numbers I'm expecting to see at this years frontier, it wouldn't even take 5 bucks a head(more like 2) to pay the lights guy real well...

my, amazingly wasted, two cents of the moment [big Grin]

Ill put my 5 in for lights to, being as im one of the lucky folks that can eat a pinch of the good stuff every now and then.

i think it would look good, some of those spirally lights sweeping out over the field would fuckin kick ass

Couldn't the lighting guy come, and then people can walk around for Lighting guy donations?

The money bucket could be passed around during the show too.

$2 would be easy to collect. I'd gladly walk around the campground for a shift of collecting.

Archived