Jambands.ca

"the world needs you sir"

Hux

So a buddy who's working on the same campaign down here in Windsor, got word that he could get us into a Kerry fundraiser over in Detroit. We set out in and after encountering perhaps the most "sympathetic to our destination" U.S. Customs official of all time: a gay african-american (!), we arrive at this swanky restaurant on the river. Secret service everywhere as we munch on shrimp and enjoy a $7 U.S. Budweiser. The room is divided into sections with reserved tables upfront presumably for high-end donors, a Kerry staffer removes a "reserved" sign from one of the front tables and motions over to us to pounce on it - we do. Moments later, none other than the Rev. Al Sharpon sits down, introductions all around, then out comes the next President!!

Pretty decent stump speech, and then he makes the rounds, my moment arrives, I introduce myself and say, "sir, the world needs you"....he thanks me and encourages me to keep "talking it up with my friends", snapped a quick photo and down the line he goes.

So a pretty cool moment for me personally, I got a photo with Sharpton as well.

GO JFK!!!! Kerry/Edwards 2004!!! :: :: ::

jfk-and-geoff.jpg

Guest Low Roller

Congrads! That's really cool. He's a tall sumabitch. It looks like Kerry just returned from Dead tour though... He's looking kinda rough.

Who's the guy behind you looking like a deer staring at headlights?