Jambands.ca

who wants a gmail account?

bouche

What is a gmail account and why would I want one? I'm like a nerd in the dark on this one.

Gmail is Google's new web-based e-mail offering. It stormed onto the scene by offering 1 Gb (yes, gigabyte) of storage, combined with Google-ish searching facilities. You can't just go and sign up, however; for now, Gmail is "inviting" people to join, based on some weird "geek point" ranking system, I think.

Aloha,

Brad

What I like about Gmail:

- Like BradM mentioned above, you can search in your inbox (or sent box, or deleted box) just like you would on Google. Can't remember when an email was sent or what it was called? Type in a word or two from the text or title or even who sent it and you will get a short list of emails with that word in it.

- When you reply to an email and it gets forwarded back to you and you reply to it again, it displays the emails as a conversation, much like a message board.

I'll take one if ya got one.

What was the deciding factor there willy that made ya change your mind?

I just don't get why anyone would care. I don't really need another e-mail address. I have too many to track already. I guess I'm missing something.