Jambands.ca

Steven 'Elmo' Murphy - CD Review

bouche

Good question.

I thought it was somehow available via Steve's website. I have no idea how one would retrieve the entire disc.

Come on over to Hull, and I'll put it on after a killer BBQ.

We have liquid smoke. It's great for hotsauces and burgs.

This is a great cd! I wouldn't normally listen to this brand of tune, but I love it. Not a bad review except that Steve does not front the Guest House. He was in the band for a short period of time in it's pubecent stage(locally as TGH were born out west years ago))The reggae influcence is not totally but mostly the work of Jonny Kerr who happens to have his signature so ingraved in the album he arguably deserves equal credit. Friends of Hefner are also far from a reggae band. They play wonderfully as a close knit group of friends extending the warmth of campfire type sing-alongs and well picked country-esque and classic cover songs to the stage. The songs on this album were mostly born of Hefner and as a group they have performed them in that setting. All in all this album displays Steve quite well and if you know him well you will have an even better appreciation for this recording because you will see and hear how very proud of it he is. And we his friends are quite proud of him for accomplishing a feat he's wanted to for a long time. We love you Elmo.

Good work.

I think I posted about this album after May 24 CTMF.

I bought two copies in order to help support the guy cause I think he's a real talented player and I find out that the thing is actually GOOD!!!!!!!!!! Like... GOOD!!!!!!!!!

My only complaint is the length of "Drinkin'whiskey" but that's only MY opinion.

Great work Stevie, keep it comin!!!!:)