Jambands.ca

Kevin Breit w/ Sisters Euclid - PJC - Fri Aug 13

secondtube

Making their first appearance at Pepper Jack Cafe, Kevin Breit and Sisters Euclid will be performing Friday August 13th.

John Dickie will possibly be joining Kevin on Harmonica for this special Friday the 13th gig. Kevin's new recording, John & the Sisters, featuring the funky Sisters Euclid band, also features blues-belter John Dickie.

This will be a great opportunity for those who haven't seen this great Canadian guitar master.

::

Opening will be Flatt Street.

Flatt Street's Web Page

The cover will be 8 dollars.

I always get a kick out of taking a chance and being totally surprised by what I get. My wife of course has a conniption when I spend money like that. She doesn't get my reasoning: "But honey, this guy was in this band that I like, and he's a great player, and chances are his stuff will be good." Then like any good husband I buy stuff when she's not looking.

So it was that I ordered (and eventually received after a minor fubar with delivery) three CDs by Kevin Breit. I wasn't sure what to expect, and after listening to these albums for about a week straight I've come to the conclusion that the man has too much talent for his own good. I've been called a pretty good player by a lot of people (my mom, my dad, and some guy who was drunk at a party I played at a while ago) and this guy makes me want to put my guitars away.

It's not just guitars either - anything with strings is fair game. His music isn't pop, or rock, or folk, it's just music. Really good music. It's all instrumental - stuff, and his playing sings for him.

Kevin_Breit.jpg

Kevin_Breit.jpg

The only debate I have is - I can see Sisters Euclid any Monday night, but I've never done a Fri. 13th Dover party before... I was talking with one of the locals at the last Diesel Dog show I saw in Dover and they told me it is out of hand... I'd like to see what all the ruckus is about...

for me, its not really a question.

i've seen DD at least a thousand times (well, maybe not that many, but at least 900, lol) and i've seen Breit once. The show i did see of his was one of the best shows i've ever seen....

No offence to the dog, but i can't exactly say the same...They are a party, good times, fun band...great to dance to on a weekend....Kevin Breit is possibly Canada's more talented up and coming guitarist.

While Diesel Dog is playing on the 13th, I'd be more going for the Fri. 13th Dover biker party... Musically, tube, I couldn't agree with you more, but I think Dover will have a better party that night, even if it was Cavern playing...

"Canada's up & coming artist"??? He's hands down one of North America's best guitarits who's just beginning to be recognized for his unique styles acoustically and electrically, and that ain't just my opinion.

For those who haven't seen The Sisters, put on those dancin' shoes and GIDDY UP & GO!!!

Rob, Ian and Gary are smokin' musicians as well. Hope there's a B3 for Rob to groove on. If not, he'll still rock the place.

Hamilton is gonna groove!!!

Cheers,

Can'o'phish

Kevin Breit is possibly Canada's more talented up and coming guitarist.

Flattstreet is the opener. Which means you get to see possibly Hamilton's more talented up and coming guitarist Thom Gill. He's got a year of UoToronto Jazz guitar studies under his belt and plays with energy. Heck, he recorded this a year ago when he was 18: "Moon Cookie"

More mp3s and the rest of the band can be found at http://www.flattstreet.ca

• 2 weeks later...