growing all kinds of kind things

building cob houses and putting up yurts

surfing by day

music by night

anyone have some coin to loan me and i'll start up a commune

::

Photo01.jpg

Oval Point

This extraordinary 120.8 acre property at Oval Point on Porcher Island, 54 km south of Prince Rupert, has approx. 1,360 ft. of ocean frontage. It is natural and unspoiled, with a long, wide sandy beach accompanied by the rolling, crashing surf of the Pacific Ocean. The property is fairly flat with a large stand of old growth spruce, cedar and hemlock growing along the beach, while the interior has mainly small pine trees and open meadows. Several small lakes and creeks are on this private acreage which is surrounded by crown land. This is a fantastic area for crab, clams, mussels, salmon, halibut and cod!

[color:"green"] :: and herb ::

Price: $129,000 Canadian Funds

is it an island?

it's on the west side of a big island (Porcher) on the west coast

"This property is located 34 miles (54 kilometres) south of Prince Rupert on the southwest coast of Porcher Island. Porcher Island is a large island just south of Prince Rupert, which is approximately 460 air miles (740 kms) north of Vancouver".

there are 3 small communities on the island

no police base i'm sure

can you get closer to heaven on earth?

here's the details.

Photo05.jpg

"hippies" are involved in social action to help keep the world free and vibrant like on said island... traditionally "hippies" live on ranches, in the forest and in other natural environments as well as in bohemian areas of urban centers... that said it has become fashionable in some corners to dress like "hippies"

but I think you mean activists

Aren't hippies supposed to go to protests, start demonstrations, participate in radical social information dispearsing, lean on revolutions and such? I don't think a hippie would be very effective here.

your a newspaper guy I guess....LOL

That an interesting outline of the "hippie" purpose. "Hippies" in the spirit of gypsies, generally went without staple environment called homes. They travelled in caravans like a rolling radical circus because action had no time to stand still, there were movements to move. I don't think that they were involved in social action to "help keep the world free and vibrant". Perhaps some of them were, (it would be highly unfair to generalise) but like most others (myself included) involved in these sorts of affairs,...they were genuinely fed up with the world and the way it was and is being run. An alternative was and is their motive.

I was just having fun to begin with anyway,.....sarcasm doesn't seem to go over well on this board (which is funny because it's an alternative communication device)

Defining things that arent ourselves is quite a humourous endeavour.

ps: i like fringe newspapers and independant press if that was your intended reference.

Wow that seems super cheap!

it is

not that it's my business Trev, but i bet your condo cost more than $129 thousand

and this is 120 acres on the ocean

can you say eco-tourism potential...that's a hippie thought isn't it jazz?

That an interesting outline of the "hippie" purpose. "Hippies" in the spirit of gypsies, generally went without staple environment called homes. They travelled in caravans like a rolling radical circus because action had no time to stand still, there were movements to move. I don't think that they were involved in social action to "help keep the world free and vibrant". Perhaps some of them were, (it would be highly unfair to generalise) but like most others (myself included) involved in these sorts of affairs,...they were genuinely fed up with the world and the way it was and is being run. An alternative was and is their motive.

I was just having fun to begin with anyway,.....sarcasm doesn't seem to go over well on this board (which is funny because it's an alternative communication device)

Defining things that arent ourselves is quite a humourous endeavour.

ps: i like fringe newspapers and independant press if that was your intended reference.

ah, sorry no offence... I actually don't like the term hippie much... it was originally thrown in disdain at "wannabe beatniks" who were considered fake hipsters... then the press got ahold of it

I'd say we're a pretty diverse gathering of folks (whatever we are), with similar people in the remotest of areas to the most populated of areas, from gypsy wanderers to life long job holders... kinda hard to gerenalize really

here's a property from that same company, a small lot but you can't beat the price for being right on a river with a boat launch, buildings from the gold rush still right in the neighbourhood

Telegraph Creek

Photo01.jpg

Photo11.jpg

Photo09.jpg

2 lots left, they're small but only $9500 each ::

AREA DATA: The main industry of Telegraph Creek (pop. 300 is guiding, with some mining exploration. It’s the only town on the 600 km long (372 miles) Stikine River. Telegraph Creek has an air strip, store and café, post office, police station, nursing station, new school, church and a small museum. Information is also available at the Tahltan Band Council office on the hill above the "downtown" area. Despite Telegraph Creek’s northerly latitude the climate is temperate and has a sufficient growing season for farming. Many residents grow their own produce. Stikine salmon is enjoyed by everybody.

HISTORY: Telegraph Creek has been continuously settled by non-native peoples since placer gold was found a few kilometres downstream in 1861. As the farthest navigable point on the Stikine for steamships, the community was well situated for such enterprises as Western Union’s overland telegraph to link New York and Paris. Telegraph Creek might have been the Northwest’s great communications centre by 1866 if the transatlantic cable, completed the same year, had not made the overland line redundant. Less than a decade later, Telegraph Creek was rejuvenated as a gateway to the Cassiar gold rush and in 1897, gateway to the Klondike. In 1901 another telegraph line, linking Klondike with the south, was strung into Telegraph Creek, but brought few changes to the village. Benefits came after 1928 with improvements to the road east to Dease Lake and during World War II, with the construction of the Alaska Highway. More recently, the community has been simply a refuge for people who prefer fewer links with the world beyond. Another mini-boom is looming, though, and it’s because of gold again. Mining companies are moving in, 100 kilometres south, between the Scud and Iskut rivers.

RECREATION: Spatsizi Plateau Wilderness Park is B.C.’s second largest provincial park with more than 3,000 square miles of lush valleys, uncut forests, wild rivers, rolling tablelands and rugged mountains. Large wildlife populations, including woodland cariboo and over 140 species of birds, including gyrfalcons. The park offers excellent wilderness recreation for the experienced outdoors person. Two old trails from Telegraph Creek give access to the Mount Edziza Provincial Park which surrounds some of Canada’s most recent volcanic activity and contains many unique geological formations. The largest river in the area is the Stikine. This is an excellent area for river rafting with the exception of west of Hwy #37 where the river is impassable for 100 km through the Grand Canyon, which is one of the largest and most beautiful canyons in Canada. Water pounds through a narrow channel between 300 metre high volcanic rock walls. The Stikine River offers a variety of fishing opportunities; all five species of Pacific Salmon spawn in the River. Fishing for Spring (King/Chinook) salmon is excellent from late June through mid July. Also in the summer, there are Dolly Varden, rainbow, and cutthroat trout as well as the occasional grayling, whitefish, and lin cod. There are steelhead in the river with the run beginning in the lower river in August. As well, many excellent fishing lakes exist in this area. The area offers abundant and diverse wildlife including moose, caribou, grizzly and black bear, lynx wolf, mountain goat and sheep. Other recreational pursuits include guided river raft trips, limitless hiking, gold panning, hunting, fishing for Stikine salmon and camping.

BOUNDARIES: Boundaries were surveyed by J.H. McGregor, British Columbia Land Surveyor in March 1898.

SERVICES: Power and phone.

IMPROVEMENTS: Lot 9 - we believe has a shed of no value. Lot 12 - has an old log cabin with a collapsed roof. Lot 3 - has no improvements.

TAXES: Lot 9 & 12 ( Telegraph Lots ) combined $9.39 Lot 3 ( Telegraph Creek) - 17.05

ZONING: Not zoned.

looks like its back to dial-up internet ::

ah, sorry no offence... I actually don't like the term hippie much... it was originally thrown in disdain at "wannabe beatniks" who were considered fake hipsters... then the press got ahold of it

I'd say we're a pretty diverse gathering of folks (whatever we are), with similar people in the remotest of areas to the most populated of areas, from gypsy wanderers to life long job holders... kinda hard to gerenalize really.

Paisley,.. I couldn't agree with you more! 100%

check out this lot...

click on the pics at the bottom

$89,000 for 10 acres

Creston5.jpg

close to the American, Albertan and B.C. borders in the Kootaneys

Creston is located on gently rolling bench land above the Kootenay River and overlooking 12,000 hectares of reclaimed marshland - some of the most fertile land in the province. Creston's beautiful mountains, rivers, lakes, orchards and forests all make for an ideal natural setting.