Jambands.ca

Jerry's Birthday plans...

bONES

i noticed some of you will be at The Dead tomorrow (insert jealousy here)

what are others up to?

me...the sweet sounds of JGB and The Grateful Dead playing all day on my stereo, with plenty of bowls and beers ::

thank you Jerry

i miss you...happy birthday

garcia_240_file.jpg

whoa... this is gonna be the mother of all birthday wishes on the board... except for maybe tonin's...

myself, i'll be at work, streaming dead all day, then i'll have to work hard to sell some folks on the idea of listening to jerry and the boys all night at this hot tub party i'll be at... fu©k 'em, though, nothin a little 5 across the eyes wont fix..

::

just got my jerry discs out the truck of the car three blocks away i might add.. and the first song of my day will be

I want to say to my sisters & my brothers

Keep the faith

When the storm flies & the wind blows

Go on at a steady pace

When the battle is fought and the victories won

We can all shout together, we have overcome

We'll talk to the father in the sun

When we make it to the promised land

Chorus

If we walk together little children

We don't ever have to worry

Through this world of trouble

We've got to love one another

Let us take our fellow man by the hand

Try to help him to understand

We can all be together

For ever and ever

Our bible reads

Thou shall not be afraid

Of the terror by night

Nor the arrow that flies by day

Nor for the pestilence

That walketh in the dark

Nor for the destruction

That waiteth in the noonday hour

[chorus]

This world is not our home

We are only passing through

Our trail is all made up

Way beyond the blue

Let us do the very best that we can

While we're travelin' through this land

We can all be together

Shakin' a hand

Children

Make it to the promised land

We can all be together, forever and ever

We can all be together, forever and ever

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil."

"For me, the lame part of the Sixties was the political part, the social part. The real part was the spiritual part."

"I'm shopping around for something to do that no one will like."

"Nobody stopped thinking about those psychedelic experiences. Once you've been to some of those places, you think, "How can I get back there again but make it a little easier on myself?" "

"Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us. "

"You do not merely want to be considered just the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones who do what you do."

~ Jerry Garcia

icon_jerry.gif

Happy Birthday Jerry.

Can't imagine what the world would've been without ya.

"Wade in the water and you'll never get wet

If you keep on doin' that rag."

Happy Birthday Jerry. Happy Jerry Day, y'all who didn't make it south. Sorry there was no party at PJC this year. I was going to throw one until I realized the Dead were playing Saratoga and anyone who could get across was probaly going to go. Hell, I was going to go until I found out we had booked a nice couple's wedding here same day and would have to stay.

I know this dj has no Dead and I know this crowd wouldn't be into it anyway. The first thing I'm gonna do when they leave is throw in a show of course. Hopefully I won't get too down. Like most of you I'm sure, I definatley have fond memories of Jerry at shows. Seeing Jerry when he would first walk out on stage and the wave of joy that you could feel roll through which ever venue we were at was almost worth the trip alone.

Sure, the shows at the end weren't like they used to be but I never saw a show were it didn't click at one point or another.

Stella, Dew, SOTM, lazy river road, ... I loved those slow songs. Nobody put their heart into them like Mr. G.

I loved when he'd shake his head with a grin when Bobby was goin off screaming during a song like estimated. I'd laugh my ass off.

Anyway, Peace Jerry. I miss you too.

time for some GRATEFUL FRIGGIN' DEAD

cowboy - the 9 days of jerry.. if i had some milk with me, i bet it woulda came out my nose.

so, as it turned out, i didnt get to listen to as much jerry as i would have liked, had i been at home and not at a hot tub party, but that being said, i did get to pay tribute, and a cool part for me was a really good friend of mine having his first real mushroom *experience* with jerry wailing away on sugaree 6.11.76 being a big part of it, as he even admitted to me himself. beautiful. not that he wasnt he a fan, but he just had no idea. ::

and tonight i got thinkin about 1990, and what a great year that was, the march shows in the spring, the summer shows, and the msg run in the fall, all in all a really solid year, with an abundance of really memorable and highly regarded shows... and really, of all the famous shows from that year, the earliest show in that mix, that at least i've heard about frequently is 3.22 at copps coliseum. and thats pretty fuckin cool. i mean, especially for all you assholes who were actually there. fu©k you. but i mean, thats great, to really hit that groove and get the ball rollin' in hamilton ontario, and i mean the dead were the type of band that really felt the crowd, you know, so, i think that would say alot about the type of people we have up here, or at least the type of people that were representing us at the time. its just a great scene, right. so i put the show on, and i decided that it's the 2nd set opener. that scarlet>fire just beats the sh!t out of you. brent lettin' go on fire, jerry bein jerry all over the place, thats really where the train got steamin down the track. at least i think so. it really fuckin smokes.

I had a Jerry-centric couple of days, home mostly alone this weekend, trying to beat the heat, flipping through some books, re-reading a good chunk of McNally's book, and gazing back at some old Dupree's Diamond News issues..... good times.....

checked out:

02-28-69 San Francisco

03-17-95 Philadelphia

03-21-94 Richfield, OH

06-17-91 Pine Knob

09-18-87 New York

12-31-72 San Francisco (HOLY sh!t!)

Dick's Picks Volumes 14 (Boston 73) and 20 (Fall 76)

"Reckoning"

"Don't Let Go"

best jam of the weekend was my solo performance of Wharf Rat on my balcony on Saturday night. The squirrels seemed really into it. Sorry, no tapers. had to be there.

i like to celebrate the nine days of Jerry myself ::

a friend and i were discussing just yesterday how this is the best way to go about it

i just tossed on the sweet 06/09/77 show that earthfreak hooked me up with last week which catapulted me right back into my love for the grateful dead. perfect timing, eh?